Posted to rec.woodworking

Default shadow box plans

A military shadow box is a display case for flags, medals, captured German
Lugers (yes, he has one), etc. I am making one, at my Grandma's request,
for my Grandpa. He is a veteran of the landings on Omaha beach while with
the 5th Ranger Battalion, as well as the Battle of the Bulge and numerous
other actions. He was stabbed with a bayonet once and shot in the shoulder
while crossing the Rhine. After years of hiding his feelings about the war,
he has come to terms with it and now embraces our utmost respect for him.
This is the very least I can do for such a man (and for my Grandma). A
shadow box may be 'after your time', but the time has come for me to honor
my Grandma's request and build him one.

I'd rather not wing it, so again, does anyone have such a plan?
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
A military shadow box is a display case for flags, medals, captured German
Lugers (yes, he has one), etc. I am making one, at my Grandma's request,
for my Grandpa.

I'd rather not wing it, so again, does anyone have such a plan?

I'll upload a basic one to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking. I made it for
a friend of mine who wanted to display a mini pop can. You'll have to modify
the design to suit what it is you want to display.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Glenn" wrote in message
I, also, have been asked to make a shadow box. I cannot find any
plans but here is a picture with dimensions. That is what I am going
to start with.
http://www.freedomdisplaycases.com/detail1.php?idr=4

Maybe it's just me, but that picture should tell you all you need to know
for building one. To start, what you need to do is get all the articles
together that will be displayed, lay them out in a suitable fashion on some
type of pad covered backer board and then measure. Length, width and
slightly more thickness than the thickest object to be display including
enough space for the glass and you're set to go. It's basically a box with a
framed glass lid.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"J T" wrote in message

No bad memories from those times. A few of having the crap almost
scared out of me, but nothing I try to repress. It's all stored in
memory, I don't need anything stuck on a wall to remember.

Hehe ... well said. Know the feeling, precisely!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/20/07

shadow box plans Leon Woodworking 4 May 8th 07 05:58 PM
Shadow Box Angles [email protected] Woodworking 0 March 13th 07 02:20 AM
Pistol Range Box Plans Frank S. Woodworking 9 January 17th 05 10:13 PM
Toy Box Plans ljr Woodworking 5 December 9th 04 08:13 AM
Toy Box Plans ljr Woodworking 0 December 4th 04 12:22 PM