Posted to rec.woodworking

Default "32 mm System" Info Sources?

I suspect the Festool DOMINO presets are related to the
"32 m System" so I'm looking for sources on the
"32 mm System" to try and discover how.

So I'm looking for web sites, books, pamphlets
etc. that have the details - stock thickness,
where the 32 mm hole patterns start, hole size(s)
etc.. Anyone up on the "32 mm System"?

charlie b
Posted to rec.woodworking

Hi Charlie,

This may be what you're looking for.

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...at=1,180,42311

David.

"charlieb" wrote in message ...
I suspect the Festool DOMINO presets are related to the
"32 m System" so I'm looking for sources on the
"32 mm System" to try and discover how.

So I'm looking for web sites, books, pamphlets
etc. that have the details - stock thickness,
where the 32 mm hole patterns start, hole size(s)
etc.. Anyone up on the "32 mm System"?

charlie b

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 21, 8:53 pm, charlieb wrote:
I suspect the Festool DOMINO presets are related to the
"32 m System" so I'm looking for sources on the
"32 mm System" to try and discover how.

So I'm looking for web sites, books, pamphlets
etc. that have the details - stock thickness,
where the 32 mm hole patterns start, hole size(s)
etc.. Anyone up on the "32 mm System"?

charlie b

Yup. Lived it, hated it, loved it. I have some stuff for you. Give me
a day to assemble some links for ya.

here's a start: (Not a bad book to buy either.)

http://www.cabinetmaking.com/pages/BFKC_detail.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 21, 9:10 pm, Robatoy wrote:
On Apr 21, 8:53 pm, charlieb wrote:

I suspect the Festool DOMINO presets are related to the
"32 m System" so I'm looking for sources on the
"32 mm System" to try and discover how.

So I'm looking for web sites, books, pamphlets
etc. that have the details - stock thickness,
where the 32 mm hole patterns start, hole size(s)
etc.. Anyone up on the "32 mm System"?

charlie b

Yup. Lived it, hated it, loved it. I have some stuff for you. Give me
a day to assemble some links for ya.

here's a start: (Not a bad book to buy either.)

http://www.cabinetmaking.com/pages/BFKC_detail.htm

This kinda sorta takes a look at the balanced and un balanced
approach.
Keep in mind, that some of these 'systems' include the assembly of the
boxes, not just track and hinge locations.

http://32mm.dalrun.com/System_Design/Introduction.html

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 21, 8:53 pm, charlieb wrote:
I suspect the Festool DOMINO presets are related to the
"32 m System" so I'm looking for sources on the
"32 mm System" to try and discover how.

So I'm looking for web sites, books, pamphlets
etc. that have the details - stock thickness,
where the 32 mm hole patterns start, hole size(s)
etc.. Anyone up on the "32 mm System"?

charlie b

Okay..found the one you should read first!

http://www.woodweb.com/knowledge_bas...em_layout.html
(watch the wrap)

Beeeecause, not all interpretations of a 'true' 32 mm are the same.
Quelle surprise!
My system was always based on the top of the bottom cabinets being at
0 (zero) Then upwards and downwards in 32 mm increments set back 37 mm
from the front of the cabinets. The secondary row of holes would be
set back by the holes of the drawer tracks, again, in 32 mm
increments.
Once you get the hang of it, it is a great system...even for face
frames.

Maybe the Domino gets involved with the cabinet assembly..now THAT I
could be interested in as biscuits and PB were always a bit sloppy.
Now you got me all excited...
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
damned Festool people...

Posted to rec.woodworking

David wrote:

Hi Charlie,

This may be what you're looking for.

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...at=1,180,42311

David.

For some reason couldn't print their "manual"

Robatoy wrote:

Yup. Lived it, hated it, loved it. I have some stuff for you. Give me
a day to assemble some links for ya.

here's a start: (Not a bad book to buy either.)

http://www.cabinetmaking.com/pages/BFKC_detail.htm

Picked Danny Proulx's book this evening

and found this one already
http://32mm.dalrun.com/System_Design/Introduction.html
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 22, 2:49 am, charlieb wrote:

Picked Danny Proulx's book this evening

That book can easily be the foundation of an entire kitchen company.
(With a little tweaking from Woodweb articles)

I'd like to research a Domino's role in face-frames. That type of
cabinet is having a bit of a resurgence around here... with flush,
reverse-raised panel shaker doors and brass butt hinges.
When doing a sales-pitch to a client, a pocket-hole-screw doesn't
nearly have the class of a floating tenon. (Once the face-frames are
attached to the box, it really doesn't matter....but...)

See what happens to my frickin' brain when it knows it will soon have
more space to play in?