Posted to rec.woodworking

Default help me find info on "smallbone" English style casework

I have a great opportunity to work on a Thomas Kinkade project. I've
been told the casework is best described by the term "smallbone" I
have to admit I know very little and I'm desparately trying to find
info and pictures on it because I'm supposed to have samples by this
coming week to show to the builder, investors. Help if you can. Thank
you so much

Posted to rec.woodworking

http://www.smallbone.co.uk/

On 8 Nov 2006 14:10:40 -0800, "glana" wrote:

I have a great opportunity to work on a Thomas Kinkade project. I've
been told the casework is best described by the term "smallbone" I
have to admit I know very little and I'm desparately trying to find
info and pictures on it because I'm supposed to have samples by this
coming week to show to the builder, investors. Help if you can. Thank
you so much

Regards,

Tom Watson

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Tom Watson" wrote in message

http://www.smallbone.co.uk/

Geez, who would've thought to look there?

B.
Posted to rec.woodworking

While there is a website under the name of smallbone, they have a wide
variety of styles of which some may have aspects of "smallbone" but
they don't specify which aspects of which jobs are that style. I'm
trying to get a little more specific than a company named "smallbone".

Buddy Matlosz wrote:
"Tom Watson" wrote in message

http://www.smallbone.co.uk/

Geez, who would've thought to look there?

B.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Glana:

have to admit I know very little and I'm desparately trying to find
info and pictures on it because I'm supposed to have samples by this
coming week to show to the builder, investors. Help if you can. Thank
you so much

I hate to sound so simple, but if you're having problems finding any
reference to small bone (which
I also had problems), perhaps you need to ask your client what they
mean by the term? Someone
gave you that term and should be able to tell you what they mean by it.

MJ Wallace

Posted to rec.woodworking

"glana" wrote in message
ups.com...
While there is a website under the name of smallbone, they have a wide
variety of styles of which some may have aspects of "smallbone" but
they don't specify which aspects of which jobs are that style. I'm
trying to get a little more specific than a company named "smallbone".

Smallbone is Smallbone, it is a company (and before that a bloke) and not a
traditional term. If someone said to me Smallbone style I would assume they
were talking about hand painted kitchen cabinets. Smallbone made their
business in the 80s making traditional joinery for kitchens as in the
'Original' styles on the website. They were the originators of that fish
fretwork freize thing which was widely copied for a while.

tim W

Posted to rec.woodworking

Buddy Matlosz wrote:
"Tom Watson" wrote in message

http://www.smallbone.co.uk/

Geez, who would've thought to look there?

B.

You might ask your design specifiers to be a little more specific.

Smallbone was a phenomenon of the 1980's that reintroduced the concept
of traditional joinery and painted finishes to the kitchen.

That would be my concept of "smallbone".

It was a response to the eurobox, as presented by Poggenpohol and its
variants, during that time.

It has now achieved the status of redundant anachronism.