Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Bullseye Spraycan Shellac

Anyone have any experience with this product? And why doesn't it have
an exparation date?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Wax interferes with the spray nozzle so Zinsser dewaxes shellac. Intro
of Seal Coat shouted THREE YEAR shelf life. I mix from flakes and
expect about 6 months useful life.

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 01:21:51 -0400, alexy wrote:

wrote:

Anyone have any experience with this product? And why doesn't it have
an exparation date?

Yes, found this recently at the orange borg, no less. Used it where I
wold normally use seal coat, but preferred to spray rather than brush.
Worked well. Dewaxed.

Expiration date? Guess they used the same chemical magic they use on
seal coat. While every reference I have seen talks about a limited
shelf life for shellac once mixed, and doesn't make exceptions for
dewaxed, I haven't heard of anyone reporting sealcoat going bad. I'd
still test an old can of seal coat or this spray before using it on a
project.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
Anyone have any experience with this product?

Sure.

And why doesn't it have
an exparation date?

No exposure to air?