Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Porter Cable Router - 3-1/4 HP Model 7519 Stalls to Stop

When routing raised panels I have had the router slow down and stop. I
need to shut the switch off and back on to continue. Has anyone else
experienced this problem. I replaced a Freud FT 2000 as I wanted to
upgrade my unit. Never had a problem with the Freud. I am a porter
Cable fan but I am at a loss with this problem.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I would take the router apart and blow out the motor and all inside parts
that I could get to. I had to do this with a PC 2hp router because in the
cabinet it gets a lot of dust. After the clean-up it worked like new again.

Tim

"sdppm" wrote in message
ups.com...
When routing raised panels I have had the router slow down and stop. I
need to shut the switch off and back on to continue. Has anyone else
experienced this problem. I replaced a Freud FT 2000 as I wanted to
upgrade my unit. Never had a problem with the Freud. I am a porter
Cable fan but I am at a loss with this problem.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 16, 10:38 am, "sdppm" wrote:
When routing raised panels I have had the router slow down and stop. I
need to shut the switch off and back on to continue. Has anyone else
experienced this problem. I replaced a Freud FT 2000 as I wanted to
upgrade my unit. Never had a problem with the Freud. I am a porter
Cable fan but I am at a loss with this problem.

You might be a Porter Cable fan now...based on their original tools,
but I assure you, that the quality has gone down.
WAY down. Seems like they never recovered from their profile sander
and their pocket cutter.

Posted to rec.woodworking

7519, a single speed, runs a little fast for big cutters.
Have not seen much brain/microprocessor/soft start failure in the 7519
in my hands.
Nonethless, both the 7518 and 7519 Speedmatics, have had their share
of electronic problems whilst inverted.
You should consider replacement parts; you don't want this starting on
its own, should you leave the switch on when it's misbehaving.

http://www.patwarner.com (Routers)

On Apr 16, 7:38 am, "sdppm" wrote:
When routing raised panels I have had the router slow down and stop. I
need to shut the switch off and back on to continue. Has anyone else
experienced this problem. I replaced a Freud FT 2000 as I wanted to
upgrade my unit. Never had a problem with the Freud. I am a porter
Cable fan but I am at a loss with this problem.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 16, 7:38 am, "sdppm" wrote:

When routing raised panels I have had the router slow down and stop. I
need to shut the switch off and back on to continue. Has anyone else
experienced this problem. I replaced a Freud FT 2000 as I wanted to
upgrade my unit. Never had a problem with the Freud. I am a porter
Cable fan but I am at a loss with this problem.- Hide quoted text -

I did talk to Porter Cable and ask if they had a problem with this
model stopping. They indicated that the circuity is set up so if it
draws to many amps is will slow down and stop. It sort of made sence
sine I was doing raised panel doors and was donig them in one pass. I
never had a problem with the old Freud FT 2000 but this may protect
the machine but Its a pain in the , well you know where.