Posted to rec.woodworking

Default ryobi porter cable router ?

has anyone adapted a ryobi plunge router (r500) to the porter cable router
table?

tia
peter

Posted to rec.woodworking

"ilaboo" wrote in message
has anyone adapted a ryobi plunge router (r500) to the porter cable router
table?

tia
peter

Having owned a Ryobi router in the past, I have to wonder why anyone would
want to do that. I was very happy to give mine away and move up to a
quality tool.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I agree.
But in response to the original poster, it's quite possible that you can
adapt almost any standard router design from any manufacturer to the Porter
Cable router table. Usually all that's necessary is to drill a different
hole pattern for the mounting bolts in the router table. Use the plastic
base off the Ryobi router as a template to mark the position of these holes
and then drill and countersink them to match those that are in the Ryobi
base plate. You may need to buy longer screws, but those that held the base
plate on the router might be long enough.

--
Charley

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"ilaboo" wrote in message
has anyone adapted a ryobi plunge router (r500) to the porter cable

router
table?

tia
peter

Having owned a Ryobi router in the past, I have to wonder why anyone would
want to do that. I was very happy to give mine away and move up to a
quality tool.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lou Lou is offline

How hard could it be since Ryobi bought Porter Cable?
Lou

Posted to rec.woodworking

NOT TRUE! DeWalt bought Porter Cable and Delta.

--
Charley

oups.com...