Posted to rec.woodworking

Default clear garbage can?

Anyone ever see and know where to buy a clear garbage can or barrel maybe
about 30gal. Ive googled to exhaustion and can find nothing.
thanks

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 13, 12:29 pm, "trs80" wrote:
Anyone ever see and know where to buy a clear garbage can or barrel maybe
about 30gal. Ive googled to exhaustion and can find nothing.
thanks

I have never seen one. For what purpose?

Posted to rec.woodworking

"lwhaley" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Apr 13, 12:29 pm, "trs80" wrote:
Anyone ever see and know where to buy a clear garbage can or barrel maybe
about 30gal. Ive googled to exhaustion and can find nothing.
thanks

I have never seen one. For what purpose?

I don't know if I would be comfortable putting out garbage that dogs and
racoons could actually see.

Posted to rec.woodworking

ahhh...sorry. I meant to explain.

Its to make a chip collector for a dust collection system. Id like to watch
it work. I currently use a 20gal rubbermaid and the output of it goes to
the DC intake and filter/bag. The bag is clear plastic. I was hoping to
make the chip collector clear as well to check fill but really to enjoy
watching it work.

"lwhaley" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Apr 13, 12:29 pm, "trs80" wrote:
Anyone ever see and know where to buy a clear garbage can or barrel maybe
about 30gal. Ive googled to exhaustion and can find nothing.
thanks

I have never seen one. For what purpose?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 17:29:23 GMT, "trs80" wrote:

Anyone ever see and know where to buy a clear garbage can or barrel maybe
about 30gal. Ive googled to exhaustion and can find nothing.
thanks

Is this used for your DC? If so you can make a 4x4 or 4x8 inch window
in the side of a metal trash can. Use 1/8" thick plexiglass, caulk,
and sheet-metal screws to secure it. Put the window at the level
where you want to empty the trash can. Works great--no more lifting
the can to tell if it's full.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 13, 3:08 pm, "trs80" wrote:
ahhh...sorry. I meant to explain.

Its to make a chip collector for a dust collection system. Id like to watch
it work. I currently use a 20gal rubbermaid and the output of it goes to
the DC intake and filter/bag. The bag is clear plastic. I was hoping to
make the chip collector clear as well to check fill but really to enjoy
watching it work.

"lwhaley" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Apr 13, 12:29 pm, "trs80" wrote:
Anyone ever see and know where to buy a clear garbage can or barrel maybe
about 30gal. Ive googled to exhaustion and can find nothing.
thanks

I have never seen one. For what purpose?

There's product # 10247 from US Plastics. A translucent 55 gallon drum
liner made of LDPE with 24MIL walls. You may need to build a frame for
it.

From the web site photo it looks like it might be your best bet at

$20.

Alternatively for $90 you can get product # 74109, which is both
plastic insert and steel barrel. No indication of wall thickness,
though.

-Nathan

Posted to rec.woodworking

"trs80" wrote in message
ahhh...sorry. I meant to explain.

Its to make a chip collector for a dust collection system. Id like to

watch
it work.

The last thing you want to be looking at when making table saw cuts is your
dust collector. Go to the coin laundry, watch the machines spin around for a
couple of hours, get it out of your system, then get back to woodworking.

B.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 13, 9:08 pm, "Buddy Matlosz" wrote:
"trs80" wrote in message

ahhh...sorry. I meant to explain.

Its to make a chip collector for a dust collection system. Id like to

watch
it work.

The last thing you want to be looking at when making table saw cuts is your
dust collector. Go to the coin laundry, watch the machines spin around for a
couple of hours, get it out of your system, then get back to woodworking.

Damn right! Think you can save money buying 9 finger gloves?

If you gotta do it and you want to do it cheap go to a fabric store
like Hancocks or similar. They have very heavy gauge PVC film (my
super drop cloth mics out at 0.021". Make a little window, few small
nuts and bolts, watch the fingers fly.

Richard

Posted to rec.woodworking

trs80 wrote:
ahhh...sorry. I meant to explain.

Its to make a chip collector for a dust collection system. Id like to watch
it work. I currently use a 20gal rubbermaid and the output of it goes to
the DC intake and filter/bag. The bag is clear plastic. I was hoping to
make the chip collector clear as well to check fill but really to enjoy
watching it work.

I guess we'd really better keep you away from the coin operated laundry,
eh? You could waste a whole day just watching the dryer.g

I think you need a hobby. Ever consider woodworking? Er, ah, never mind.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Buddy Matlosz wrote:
"trs80" wrote in message
ahhh...sorry. I meant to explain.

Its to make a chip collector for a dust collection system. Id like to

watch
it work.

The last thing you want to be looking at when making table saw cuts is your
dust collector. Go to the coin laundry, watch the machines spin around for a
couple of hours, get it out of your system, then get back to woodworking.

B.

Before too long it would be so scratched up that you wouldn't be able to see
through it anyway.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 15, 2:34 pm, NoOne N Particular wrote:
Buddy Matlosz wrote:
"trs80" wrote in message
ahhh...sorry. I meant to explain.

Its to make a chip collector for a dust collection system. Id like to

watch
it work.

The last thing you want to be looking at when making table saw cuts is your
dust collector. Go to the coin laundry, watch the machines spin around for a
couple of hours, get it out of your system, then get back to woodworking.

B.

Before too long it would be so scratched up that you wouldn't be able to see
through it anyway.

Don't run the cat through the DC and that shouldn't happen.

Off-topic GARBAGE Lare S Woodworking 5 October 25th 05 05:29 PM
Best garbage disposer? [email protected] Home Ownership 1 October 24th 05 05:51 PM
Ozone generator to clear mold, will it clear termites too? Miki Home Ownership 2 January 8th 05 01:08 PM
draining CH after Fernox Restorer - how clear is clear? dave @ stejonda UK diy 5 June 27th 04 09:28 AM
garbage disposal badgolferman Home Repair 1 August 31st 03 06:41 AM