Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default CAT TREE

http://www.pandecats.com/x/building_a_cat_tree.htm

JOAT
Today's kids have it too easy. For $2.98 they buy a scale model of an
atomic submarine. No need to tinker or think! That boys, is where
the kick is.
- Weston Farmer

Posted to rec.woodworking

"J T" wrote in message
http://www.pandecats.com/x/building_a_cat_tree.htm

Done that, unlikely I'll be doing it again. Had great fun building the
wooden part of the cat tree. Got sick and tired of the whole process after
hours and hours of carefully cutting and stapling and gluing carpet to the
damned thing.

Lucky for my cat she tore into the cat tree on first sight like a beaver on
steroids. If she'd ignored it, I'd have been tempted to duct tape her to it
as an introduction.

Anybody looking for reasonably simple plans for a cat tree? I can upload
them if wanted.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 12, 4:35 am, "Upscale" wrote:
"J T" wrote in message
http://www.pandecats.com/x/building_a_cat_tree.htm

Done that, unlikely I'll be doing it again. Had great fun building the
wooden part of the cat tree. Got sick and tired of the whole process after
hours and hours of carefully cutting and stapling and gluing carpet to the
damned thing.

Lucky for my cat she tore into the cat tree on first sight like a beaver on
steroids. If she'd ignored it, I'd have been tempted to duct tape her to it
as an introduction.

Anybody looking for reasonably simple plans for a cat tree? I can upload
them if wanted.

Please do post a link. I've also considered, still considering,
building a cat tree for the living room window. But your description
of attaching the carpeting is a not small detail I have overlooked
until now. I'm thinking maybe just a few tree branches/logs, bark
removed, might work well with carpet covered square plywood shelves
screwed on at several locations.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 12, 9:35 am, "Upscale" wrote:

Lucky for my cat she tore into the cat tree on first sight like a beaver on
steroids. If she'd ignored it, I'd have been tempted to duct tape her to it
as an introduction.

Glad you didn't have problem.

If your cat ignores a scratching post one way to stimulate their
interest is to lend it to another car for a while. The scent left on
it will do the trick.

And of course every cat toy should have a string attached so the
cat can ignore the toy and play with the string.

--

FF

cat 5 cat 3 electric for desktop dwolf Woodworking 1 September 20th 06 01:52 AM
Tree Roots from neighbor's tree causing sewer problem Keller, TX??? mscraven Home Repair 2 December 27th 05 12:06 AM
CAT TREE J T Woodworking 5 January 10th 05 05:07 AM
Cat Tree Plans online? WI Northwoods Woodworking 10 January 5th 05 07:02 AM
Re(2): Cat Tree Plans online? Glenna Rose Woodworking 0 January 4th 05 06:42 AM