Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Delta DC

I purchased a Delta dustcollector in Nov 2004. About 2 weeks ago the motor
would not run - it would try to start then the breaker would trip. I took
motor and blower to local repair shop. After they examined it I was advised
that in their opinion the centrifugal switch in the motor had never worked
and finally it took out a capacitor. A new motor would cost $300 which was
more than I paid for the DC. They contacted Delta and convinced them to
honor warranty which had expired Nov 2006. I got a new motor for no charge!
I think this is very unusual and makes me feel very loyal to Delta for
future purchases. I just wanted to let everyone know of the good service I
received.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Hey James,
Just curious; What model DC did you buy? What was the hp rating of
the motor?
I'm glad to read that Delta stood behind their product.

Marc

Posted to rec.woodworking

I had trouble with a Delta 14" lathe that was out of warranty. They sent a
local repair person to my house he took the head assembly back to the shop
repaired some parts and brought it back to my house and installed it. ALL AT
NO COST TO ME! I agree, great service.

Tim

delta [email protected] Home Ownership 0 February 5th 07 04:39 AM
12/32 delta Steven trauthwein Woodturning 1 October 15th 05 05:15 PM
FS - 10" Delta TS - Central NC J T Woodworking 1 September 23rd 05 02:24 AM
Delta Q3 - missing parts AND Delta no longer stocks or makes them Sam Soltan Woodworking 2 September 4th 05 05:58 AM
My New Delta Saw Ken in Canada Woodworking 10 January 29th 04 06:54 PM