Posted to rec.woodworking
James Keevil James Keevil is offline

Default Delta DC

I purchased a Delta dustcollector in Nov 2004. About 2 weeks ago the motor
would not run - it would try to start then the breaker would trip. I took
motor and blower to local repair shop. After they examined it I was advised
that in their opinion the centrifugal switch in the motor had never worked
and finally it took out a capacitor. A new motor would cost $300 which was
more than I paid for the DC. They contacted Delta and convinced them to
honor warranty which had expired Nov 2006. I got a new motor for no charge!
I think this is very unusual and makes me feel very loyal to Delta for
future purchases. I just wanted to let everyone know of the good service I
received.