Posted to rec.woodworking

Default rec.woodworking anti-faq

Here is one I like:

1.5 WHAT SHOULD I DO WHEN I SEE A POST I DON'T LIKE?
First, and most importantly, you should take offence. Obviously the
author is an insensitive ******* who is hell-bent on hurting your
feelings. He is an arrogant asshole who deserves much worse than he
will ever receive. Others may tell you that the guy was "just having
a bad day," or that he "didn't mean anything by it," but don't you
believe it. Remain steadfast and do not waver in your efforts to get
even with the idiot.

Rant and rave, but be sure to do so publicly, by posting to the group
rather than by sending e-mail. Otherwise, how will anyone else know
what a jerk the other guy is? Don't hold back, and don't let up until
you receive satisfaction, or until the thread has reached 100 articles
in length, whichever comes first. Telling someone how stupid they are
is called a "flame." If you read a flame, please respond to it, even
if you have no interest whatsoever in the issue at hand. This makes
the newsgroup much more lively and interesting to read.

If you find yourself in the middle of a flame war and attacked from
all sides with nobody supporting you, just give yourself some support.
It's easy. Just change the email address in your newsreading software
and write a bunch of posts under assumed names. Nobody will notice and
it will give added credibility to your position.

If you see a spelling mistake, grammatical error, or typo, post a
reply with the offending error underlined with carets (circumflex
accents to those who studied French, the thingie above the "6" key for
the rest of you ignorami). Make sure you question the original
poster's intelligence and woodworking ability in your post. If he/she
can't spell, can he/she be trusted with a table saw or a plane without
spilling blood all over the place? This is the only helpful way to
deal with errors in grammar and spelling and educating the original
poster, while avoiding the shedding of blood.

BTW the correct spelling accepted in rec.woodworking for some words
are joiner, planner, hobbiest, radio alarm saw

*read the whole thing he*
http://www.shavings.net/anti_faq.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

BTW the correct spelling accepted in rec.woodworking for some words
are joiner, planner, hobbiest, radio alarm saw

I listen to my radio alarm saw all the time.
Marc

Posted to rec.woodworking

"charlieb" wrote in message

BTW - what's the plural of dado?

Dadoes.

Posted to rec.woodworking

marc rosen wrote:

BTW the correct spelling accepted in rec.woodworking for some words
are joiner, planner, hobbiest, radio alarm saw

I listen to my radio alarm saw all the time.

I can't hear mine when the mitre saw is running. Usually happens
when my favorite Bob Dillon song Four Ever Younge is plaid.

BTW - what's the plural of dado?

charlie b
Posted to rec.woodworking

charlieb wrote:
marc rosen wrote:

BTW the correct spelling accepted in rec.woodworking for some words
are joiner, planner, hobbiest, radio alarm saw

I listen to my radio alarm saw all the time.

I can't hear mine when the mitre saw is running. Usually happens
when my favorite Bob Dillon song Four Ever Younge is plaid.

BTW - what's the plural of dado?

Dado _is_ plural. The singular is "hedo" or "shedo" or "itdo".

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 2, 12:34 pm, charlieb wrote:
BTW - what's the plural of dado?

dadoses?

Posted to rec.woodworking

charlieb wrote:

BTW - what's the plural of dado?

charlie b

Dodos?

Tanus

--
This is not really a sig.

http://users.compzone.ca/george/shop/
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 12:08:28 -0400, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:

"charlieb" wrote in message

BTW - what's the plural of dado?

Dadoes.

The Dan Quail response...

Regards,

Tom Watson

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/
Posted to rec.woodworking

charlieb wrote in news:461130B0.38A8
@accesscom.com:

*snip*

BTW - what's the plural of dado?

charlie b

dado-in-law

Puckdropper

Posted to rec.woodworking

charlieb wrote:

BTW - what's the plural of dado?

charlie b

oops

--
http://nmwoodworks.com/cube

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000730-1, 04/02/2007
Tested on: 4/3/2007 3:13:15 AM