Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Shelf liner

Just got my Feb FWW. One tip mentions a shelf liner on a push stick.
The 3rd world has never heard of a shelf liner. Please give me an idea
of what it made of so can get something similar.
TIA

******

eat the samoosa to reply
Posted to rec.woodworking

Phil Hansen wrote:

Just got my Feb FWW. One tip mentions a shelf liner on a push stick.
The 3rd world has never heard of a shelf liner. Please give me an idea
of what it made of so can get something similar.
TIA

******

eat the samoosa to reply

Ahh! The push stick had me bamboozled for a bit. Sounded like a hot dog
on a stick or summat.

They're talking about a sheet of rubber-like material with holes in it.
If you search in the router section of some suppliers, they sell
something similar for keeping flat stock from skittering around while
you rout it. Advantage being no clamps. Glue some of this to a push
stick and you now have a push stick which will not slip. The shelf liner
version is much thinner and cheaper than that sold for routing.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Slick for lining bathroom drawers with slidy bottom. Bit of sprat
adhesive in the corners and items stay pretty well in place instead of
sliding to the back.

On Sun, 01 Apr 2007 06:07:51 GMT, Lobby Dosser
wrote:

Phil Hansen wrote:

Just got my Feb FWW. One tip mentions a shelf liner on a push stick.
The 3rd world has never heard of a shelf liner. Please give me an idea
of what it made of so can get something similar.
TIA

******

eat the samoosa to reply

Ahh! The push stick had me bamboozled for a bit. Sounded like a hot dog
on a stick or summat.

They're talking about a sheet of rubber-like material with holes in it.
If you search in the router section of some suppliers, they sell
something similar for keeping flat stock from skittering around while
you rout it. Advantage being no clamps. Glue some of this to a push
stick and you now have a push stick which will not slip. The shelf liner
version is much thinner and cheaper than that sold for routing.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 01 Apr 2007 06:07:51 GMT, Lobby Dosser
They're talking about a sheet of rubber-like material with holes in it.
If you search in the router section of some suppliers, they sell
something similar for keeping flat stock from skittering around while
you rout it. Advantage being no clamps. Glue some of this to a push
stick and you now have a push stick which will not slip. The shelf liner
version is much thinner and cheaper than that sold for routing.

Thanks now I know what they are talking about. Here you can by it at
auto shops as a boot/trunk mat to stop things sliding around.

******

eat the samoosa to reply
Posted to rec.woodworking

Lobby Dosser wrote:

They're talking about a sheet of rubber-like material with holes in it.
If you search in the router section of some suppliers, they sell
something similar for keeping flat stock from skittering around while
you rout it. Advantage being no clamps. Glue some of this to a push
stick and you now have a push stick which will not slip. The shelf liner
version is much thinner and cheaper than that sold for routing.

And the one sold for routing doesn't work all that well.

--
It's turtles, all the way down

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 01 Apr 2007 08:35:54 -0700, Larry Blanchard
wrote:

And the one sold for routing doesn't work all that well.

It hasn't for me, either. 8^(

I quickly went back to using clamps or carpet tape to hold the work to
the bench.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Speaking of shelf liner, does anyone have a source for thin rolled
cork. I think this rubber shelf lining is a royal pain in my cabinets.

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...50,43298,43300
I think Rockler has it too.
Andy

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 01 Apr 2007 06:37:39 +0200, Phil Hansen
wrote:

Just got my Feb FWW. One tip mentions a shelf liner on a push stick.
The 3rd world has never heard of a shelf liner. Please give me an idea
of what it made of so can get something similar.
TIA

******

eat the samoosa to reply

This rubber "woven" material is commonly sold in numerous stores. I
have used one to hold small pieces while routing. Also used under
rugs to keep them from slipping. I've seen varying qualities of this
material. Comes in many colors. Be careful--because rubber contains
sulphur it can react with many materials and permanently "stain" them.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Larry Blanchard wrote:

Lobby Dosser wrote:

They're talking about a sheet of rubber-like material with holes in
it. If you search in the router section of some suppliers, they sell
something similar for keeping flat stock from skittering around while
you rout it. Advantage being no clamps. Glue some of this to a push
stick and you now have a push stick which will not slip. The shelf
liner version is much thinner and cheaper than that sold for routing.

And the one sold for routing doesn't work all that well.

Ain't that the truth! Good idea though.

Posted to rec.woodworking

ROY! wrote:

Speaking of shelf liner, does anyone have a source for thin rolled
cork. I think this rubber shelf lining is a royal pain in my cabinets.

I just bought a good sized roll of 1/8" cork at Meijers (chain grocers)
in their school & arts supplies aisle.

Bill

--
http://nmwoodworks.com/cube

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000730-1, 04/02/2007
Tested on: 4/3/2007 2:53:17 AM

Posted to rec.woodworking

ROY! wrote:
On Tue, 03 Apr 2007 02:53:16 -0400, Bill in Detroit
wrote:

ROY! wrote:

Speaking of shelf liner, does anyone have a source for thin rolled
cork. I think this rubber shelf lining is a royal pain in my cabinets.

I just bought a good sized roll of 1/8" cork at Meijers (chain grocers)
in their school & arts supplies aisle.

Bill

Hey Bill, do they have any stores in New Jersey?

Dunno ... DAGS and see.
Or else just drive around New Jersey for a while ;-)

This link might work for you ... I used "cork sheet" as the search term.
http://www.flex-a-chart.com/tan_cork.htm

It looks like the Meijer site (http://www.meijer.com/) is rejecting
Firefox ... I can't imagine it throwing a 404 error when I click on
"Products" ... but it does. So I clicked on another link and got the
same response. I have Opera, Netscape and MSIE here, but darned if I'm
going to fire them up so I can spend money with someone. If they want me
to respond to their website, their website will have to respond to my
browser.

Bill

--
http://nmwoodworks.com/cube

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000730-2, 04/03/2007
Tested on: 4/4/2007 1:37:33 AM

Shower liner propman Home Repair 1 December 1st 06 04:36 AM
Shelf liner stockist in London spacky_packy UK diy 13 July 3rd 06 06:18 PM
Remove old pool liner before putting in new liner??? Mary Home Repair 1 June 17th 06 01:10 AM
help converting a (adjustable) shelf into a pull out shelf harsh Woodworking 2 June 13th 06 09:59 PM
Chimney Liner DSegal1027 Home Repair 0 January 21st 05 02:39 AM