Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Shower liner

NickySantoro wrote in
:

I'm looking for some sort of a liner I can put over the existing tile
walls of a stall shower which is leaking a bit. Regrouting just isn't
solving the problem.

If regrouting/recaulking isn't solving the problem, then more than likely
the leak source is happening behind the tiles (inside the wall for
example). Might want to give a bit more detail on exactly what kind of
leaking you are experiencing.

I need something which will last about six years
or so. At that point we'll be selling and the house will likely be
demolished and replaced with a much larger one.
No luck so far a plumbing supply, building supply, Lowes or HD. Any
sources would be most appreciated.

Posted to alt.home.repair

NickySantoro wrote in
:

On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 20:55:42 GMT, propman wrote:

NickySantoro wrote in
m:

I'm looking for some sort of a liner I can put over the existing
tile walls of a stall shower which is leaking a bit. Regrouting just
isn't solving the problem.

If regrouting/recaulking isn't solving the problem, then more than
likely the leak source is happening behind the tiles (inside the wall
for example). Might want to give a bit more detail on exactly what
kind of leaking you are experiencing.

I need something which will last about six years
or so. At that point we'll be selling and the house will likely be
demolished and replaced with a much larger one.
No luck so far a plumbing supply, building supply, Lowes or HD. Any
sources would be most appreciated.

There is no water source behind the leak area. It is definitely water
from the shower head penetrating the tile grout gaps then running
along the floor and becoming visible a few feet away in the unfinished
area of the basement. I should have mentioned that the shower is in a
full bath in the basement off of the family room.
I can stop it temporarily by touching up the grout but it returns. It
was a **** poor tile job and I can state that because I did it myself
about 20 years ago. I'm just tired of repairing it with grout and
would like to do something more permanent, short of rebuilding the
whole thing with tile or a pre-fab stall.

Probably then your looking at installing a tub (bath) wall kit, like the
one at the following URL:

http://www.maax.com/en/Products/Prod...gory=B&Brand=5
&ProductType=34&Product=1599

They can be a bit a fiddle to install though.....read the directions,
measure twice, try not to turn the air blue etc etc. :-)