Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Ping: Rob Lee

Seems like only yesterday - but was probably a year or two ago - that
I urged use of stainless steel in LV planes and you indicated that
stainless was an unsuitable material...

For a week now I've been drooling all over the front cover of my April
LV catalog admiring - of all things - a beautiful stainless steel
plane made by someone other than Lee Valley!

Is this an indication that you've re-considered the suitability of
stainless steel - or are you just tantalizing us?

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to rec.woodworking

Morris Dovey wrote:

For a week now I've been drooling all over the front cover of my April
LV catalog admiring - of all things - a beautiful stainless steel
plane made by someone other than Lee Valley!

According to the write-up, only the lever cap, screw, and adjuster are
stainless. The rest is O1 tool steel.

Chris
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Rob Lee

"Morris Dovey" wrote in message
Seems like only yesterday - but was probably a year or two ago - that
I urged use of stainless steel in LV planes and you indicated that
stainless was an unsuitable material...

For a week now I've been drooling all over the front cover of my April
LV catalog admiring - of all things - a beautiful stainless steel
plane made by someone other than Lee Valley!

Is this an indication that you've re-considered the suitability of
stainless steel - or are you just tantalizing us?

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
DeSoto, Iowa USA
http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/solar.html

Hi Morris -

It's not that SS is unsuitable.... it's just a pig to work with....

One never says never.... but I can say "not soon". Don't try to nail down
"not soon" though....

Cheers -

Rob

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 21, 3:36 pm, "Rob Lee" wrote:

It's not that SS is unsuitable.... it's just a pig to work with....

One never says never.... but I can say "not soon". Don't try to nail down
"not soon" though....

Just make it out of steel and stainless it afterwards.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Rob Lee wrote:
| "Morris Dovey" wrote in message
|| Seems like only yesterday - but was probably a year or two ago -
|| that I urged use of stainless steel in LV planes and you indicated
|| that stainless was an unsuitable material...
|| For a week now I've been drooling all over the front cover of my
|| April LV catalog admiring - of all things - a beautiful stainless
|| steel plane made by someone other than Lee Valley!
|| Is this an indication that you've re-considered the suitability of
|| stainless steel - or are you just tantalizing us?
|
| It's not that SS is unsuitable.... it's just a pig to work with....
|
| One never says never.... but I can say "not soon". Don't try to
| nail down "not soon" though....

Ok, I won't, but neither will I miss any opportunities to nudge. :-)

Just remember that I'd rather buy 'em from LV than from somewhere
else.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
DeSoto, Iowa USA
http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/solar.html

Posted to rec.woodworking
CW CW is offline

How so?

Rob Mitchell Chris Woodworking 0 February 5th 06 04:09 AM
Ping for Robin Lee [email protected] Woodworking 27 February 2nd 06 10:12 PM
Thank You Lee Valley (Rob Lee and staff) Groggy Woodworking 13 May 17th 05 07:35 PM
Ping Robin Lee David Woodworking 1 March 7th 05 02:30 PM
ping Robin Lee: Pop WWing mag? jo4hn Woodworking 2 January 11th 05 11:51 PM