Posted to rec.woodworking
Rob Lee Rob Lee is offline

Default Rob Lee

"Morris Dovey" wrote in message
Seems like only yesterday - but was probably a year or two ago - that
I urged use of stainless steel in LV planes and you indicated that
stainless was an unsuitable material...

For a week now I've been drooling all over the front cover of my April
LV catalog admiring - of all things - a beautiful stainless steel
plane made by someone other than Lee Valley!

Is this an indication that you've re-considered the suitability of
stainless steel - or are you just tantalizing us?

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Hi Morris -

It's not that SS is unsuitable.... it's just a pig to work with....

One never says never.... but I can say "not soon". Don't try to nail down
"not soon" though....

Cheers -

Rob