Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Question about transferring an image onto wood

I have a 16 x 4 1/2 inch piece of birch wood. I have an ornate design/
logo that I would like transferred to it. Kind of like a skateboard
graphic. What would be the best way to achieve this?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12 mar, 17:48, wrote:
I have a 16 x 4 1/2 inch piece of birch wood. I have an ornate design/
logo that I would like transferred to it. Kind of like a skateboard
graphic. What would be the best way to achieve this?

Hi!

I've seen some shops where they would burn logos/etc en wood, plastic,
metal and other materials, by using laser CNC machines. You just give
them the logo in Corel (or other vector image formats), and they will
grab that in your wood. The also do that for marking gift pens,
personal card holders, etc..

Of course, it will really burn the logo on it, but anyway, I like that
style..

Best!
Nautilus

Posted to rec.woodworking
EXT EXT is offline

If you are looking to transfer a full graphic image onto wood look into
products made to transfer images onto tee shirts from printed images from an
ink jet or color laser printer. This subject has been covered several times
in the past.

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a 16 x 4 1/2 inch piece of birch wood. I have an ornate design/
logo that I would like transferred to it. Kind of like a skateboard
graphic. What would be the best way to achieve this?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 12, 4:48 pm, wrote:
I have a 16 x 4 1/2 inch piece of birch wood. I have an ornate design/
logo that I would like transferred to it. Kind of like a skateboard
graphic. What would be the best way to achieve this?

Photosilkscreen, same way they do skateboards. Speedball sells
kits complete with photo emulsion. Expose using a high density,
high contrast "positive" and a halogen worklamp. Develop with
water, dry, load with ink, and print. Any t-shirt shop can burn
you a screen for a modest fee if you prefer.

Posted to rec.woodworking

This might help. I purchased some clear paper for a laser
printer. I was able to apply it to the wood and apply multiple
coats of varnish.

--
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

ups.com...