Michele Smith

Default wavey image

Hi. I have a b/w monitor that has a rolling wave than travels from the
bottom to the top after it has been turned on for a few minutes. Thanks.
Mark.

Sam Goldwasser

Michele Smith writes:

Hi. I have a b/w monitor that has a rolling wave than travels from the
bottom to the top after it has been turned on for a few minutes. Thanks.
Mark.

If it's running at an NTSC scan rate and the wave has a period of about
15 seconds, it's probably a bad power supply filter capacitor or 60 Hz
getting into the video.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror: http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/

traffic on Repairfaq.org.

Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header is ignored.
To contact me, please use the feedback form on the S.E.R FAQ Web sites.

Jerry G.

This is usually from bad caps in the power supply. After servicing, it
should be okay.

--

Jerry G.