Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Speedbloc paper clamp broke (ping Leon)

Two years of very light use on this guy and one of the clamps that
hold the paper, that I have never even used, just broke, or at least
slipped out of whack. I use the PSA rolls so I don't need the clamps,
but it's sticking out at an angle and rubbing against the housing so
it's unusable atm. I didn't really notice any particular sound of
something breaking, just started to vibrate and make a lot more noise.

I can't really see inside of it too well, especially on the non-broken
side to see what it's supposed to look like in there. The exploded
view on the parts diagram on the website doesn't help a whole lot
either. It looks like I need to take the housing off to get any
access to that area? I didn't see any way of getting the bottom off
when I took off the pad via the 4 screws on the underside.

This was the best shot I could get showing the inside:

http://www.krtwood.com/speedbloc.jpg

The spring looks like it's still on the post like it's supposed to be,
so I don't understand what happened. It doesn't look like there's
supposed to be any connection at the corners.

I can see in a google search something similar happened to Leon, so
any words of wisdom before I start taking it apart?

-Leuf

Ping: Leon. Robatoy Woodworking 4 May 26th 06 12:26 PM
Ping Leon. stoutman Woodworking 16 March 2nd 06 05:13 AM
PING - Leon J T Woodworking 3 January 2nd 06 04:29 AM
Ping: Leon David Woodworking 1 June 23rd 05 12:35 AM
Ping Leon JGS Woodworking 3 June 21st 05 02:59 PM