Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Waterlox Question

Hiya folks,
I'm in the process of finishing parts of my dresser project. I'm using
waterlox and have about 4 coats on at this point. It's looking great so
far but it looks absolutely stunning when I brush on a fresh coat of finish.
Once dry, it takes on that dried look. I'm just wondering if there are any
secrets to getting that "wet" look to remain after it dries? I'm not into
a glossy finish but just hoping for a bit more grain detail, if that makes
any sense? When wet I'm getting the grain and colors of the wood in great
detail and I'd like to keep that once it dries. Here are the details of
the project: Cherry sanded to 400 grit. Two coats of waterlox put on,
let sit for a few minutes, wiped off with a rag. Prior to the third coat,
I rubbed it with grey synthetic wool. The third coat got a 600 grit wet
sand. I hit it again with the synthetic wool and then a 4th coat which is
drying now. I plan to go up to 6 coats or so. I'm plenty happy with the
way it looks right now but if there's a trick to getting that last little
ooomph out of it, I'd like to know what that is.
Thanks for the help.
Cheers,
cc

wax after waterlox Wyatt Woodworking 2 July 18th 05 03:50 AM
wax after waterlox Wyatt Woodworking 4 July 17th 05 11:57 PM
Waterlox users, what gives Slowhand Woodworking 16 June 10th 05 11:17 PM
Looking for Waterlox in Bellingham mp Woodworking 11 April 21st 05 05:55 AM
Waterlox Frank & Renee Woodworking 12 March 1st 05 09:13 PM