Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Bamboo flooring

Gary's post on his shuffle board table got me thinking. Would bamboo
flooring be good for a workbench top?

Earl

Posted to rec.woodworking

Banboo is tough stuff! Will work fine.

Used some leftovers from a small room that I had redone a few years
back on one of my benches, and it still looks good.

On Feb 26, 7:28 am, Earl in Jax wrote:
Gary's post on his shuffle board table got me thinking. Would bamboo
flooring be good for a workbench top?

Earl

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 26, 9:28 am, Earl in Jax wrote:
Gary's post on his shuffle board table got me thinking. Would bamboo
flooring be good for a workbench top?

Earl

Sounds like a good idea to me - if I had some, I'd definitely give it
a try.
Andy

Posted to rec.woodworking

Yep,
The stuff is amazing. It is amazing that they get away selling it
for flooring. However the stuff I have is soft !!! It is called vertical
cut. They slice the bamboo cane lengthwise producing strips. These strips
are glued / laminated together. There is another form of bamboo flooring
where they cut thin planks from the cane so that the flooring shows the
classic bamboo cane image. I think that this type of flooring "MIGHT" be
slightly harder. Now with both types there is something called carbonized.
This bamboo flooring is darker than the natural type. not sure what they do
to get the bamboo darker. although the term "carbonized" leads me to believe
the have "cooked" the bamboo to get the color shift.
A bench top sounds great use for this "flooring" material. Good luck

"Earl in Jax" wrote in message
. ..
Gary's post on his shuffle board table got me thinking. Would bamboo
flooring be good for a workbench top?

Earl

bamboo flooring [email protected] Home Ownership 2 November 9th 06 08:00 AM
FS: Bamboo t & g flooring Rick Stein Woodworking 0 September 30th 05 01:55 AM
Bamboo Flooring Gary Dean Woodworking 12 June 24th 05 03:00 AM
Bamboo Flooring Pelorus Home Repair 7 March 6th 05 07:43 AM
Bamboo Flooring Kriz265490 UK diy 1 March 23rd 04 07:07 PM