Posted to rec.woodworking
goaway goaway is offline

Default Bamboo flooring

Yep,
The stuff is amazing. It is amazing that they get away selling it
for flooring. However the stuff I have is soft !!! It is called vertical
cut. They slice the bamboo cane lengthwise producing strips. These strips
are glued / laminated together. There is another form of bamboo flooring
where they cut thin planks from the cane so that the flooring shows the
classic bamboo cane image. I think that this type of flooring "MIGHT" be
slightly harder. Now with both types there is something called carbonized.
This bamboo flooring is darker than the natural type. not sure what they do
to get the bamboo darker. although the term "carbonized" leads me to believe
the have "cooked" the bamboo to get the color shift.
A bench top sounds great use for this "flooring" material. Good luck

"Earl in Jax" wrote in message
. ..
Gary's post on his shuffle board table got me thinking. Would bamboo
flooring be good for a workbench top?

Earl