Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Summary: Global Warming, Saddamites, Cold War, Trade Disparasites, Liberals and Conservatives,

"Swingman" wrote in message news:...

"Morris Dovey" wrote in message

I had occasion to visit Beirut before it was bombed the first time,
while it was still a beautiful city.

You won't believe this, but that sentence damn near brought tears to my
eyes. I visited Beirut way back in the 60's, compliments of a sweet, then
young, thing who I met traveling around that part of the world when it,

the
world, was a much kinder, gentler place.

That park$#

Stumble fingers hit a secret combination of the "send" button, captured
above, trying to keep the coffee off the keyboard

To finish the sentence ... that park in central Beirut was one of the most
beautiful, peaceful spots on the face of the earth.

You know, it just reinforces "age based perspective" on how much things have
changed in the sorry ass world today.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/20/07