Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Homemade disk sander?

I have a 1/2 HP motor with a 1/2" shaft. I use it for all sort of
purposes by attaching wire brushes, buffing wheels to it, etc. Also a
diamond bringing wheel with diamond layer on the outer rim.

What I would also like is to find some sort of a "disk sander
attachment", basically a plate that would go on a 1/2" spindle and be
tightened with an allen wrench. Alternatively it would be a wheel that
would go on a wheel arbor adapter (which I also have).

My question is, what are these discs called officially (disc sanding
attachment? sanding plate? etc) and what size would you recommend for
a 1/2 HP motor. Seems like 8" would make sense.

thanks

Homemade pin router and thickness sander Clifford Heath Woodworking 4 May 29th 06 12:57 AM
Homemade Stroke Sander j.b. miller Woodworking 2 February 2nd 06 04:41 PM
Homemade Disk Sander Dave Hill Woodworking 7 January 19th 06 07:38 PM
TS as Disk Sander nevems2 Woodworking 6 August 17th 05 04:48 AM
INSPIRATION - Homemade Thickness Sander J T Woodworking 1 January 21st 05 02:24 AM