Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Any Bosch 1619EVS + Veritas Router Table owners here?

Hello rec.woodworking,

I'll be buying the Veritas Router Table System if it's compatible with my
Bosch 1619EVS router. I'm worried about the Router Bit Jack accessory
(http://tinyurl.com/2j6p5f) : it replaces the router's height adjustment
rod and comes in 1 of 4 different thread sizes. I don't know which thread
size to get because the 1619EVS isn't included in the compatibility list. I
e-mailed Lee Valley customer service, but they replied saying they were
unable to find the relevant specifications for my router. I do know that
the 1619EVS's adjustment rod's thread pitch is 2mm (5/64"), which doesn't
seem to match any version of the Router Bit Jack. I'm unable to measure the
rod diameter because 2/3 of the circumference is enclosed in a plastic
shaft.

If you can offer any information or advice, please do!
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Wertheimer" wrote in message
. 120...
[...]

I hope this is not too late.

I tried the Bit Jack on an older similar 1611 Bosch router. I was not
satisfied. At best, this combination was clumsy. I think the combination
was bad because the router is very heavy even with the springs taken out and
because the fulcrum point is too far off from the center of the router. The
effect was like trying to plunge the router with 1 hand on one side. Too
much racking and resistance. I got better results if I clocked the Bit Jack
to different positions. Unfortunately that resulted in the Bit Jack
interfering with closing the door on the router table.