Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Router bit for bolection moulding

I'm doing a bunch of woodworking for a bedroom renovation, including
some simple inlaid panel wainscotting. What I want to do is dress up
the panels with bolection moulding. It also goes by other names like
"rabbeted panel moulding" and "panel inlay moulding".

Here's an example: http://www.annandaletimber.com.au/inlay.htm

Specifically I'm looking fort a face profile like BO-6, BO-58 or
BO-230.

I'd like to cut this moulding myself but I've been unable to find a
router bit, or bit set, that will do it. The closest I've been able
to find is a Freud bit:

http://woodworker.com/cgi-bin/FULLPR...ARTNUM=806-897

But the profile's too flat.

Does anyone have any tips on how to cut moulding like this? I have a
router table and 3hp router (no shaper or moulder).

---
Steve Manes
http://www.brooklynrowhouse.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 15/02/2007 1:33 PM, Steve Manes wrote:

Specifically I'm looking fort a face profile like BO-6, BO-58 or
BO-230.

Seen these?

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...168,46177&ap=1
Posted to rec.woodworking

Hi Steve!

Multi-profile molding bits might cut the deeper mouldings you are trying
to get. Many makers with variations on the theme...

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...168,46177&ap=1

Andre