Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Pre-WWII Stanley Socket chisels -BooHoo

While my wife was doing an Antiques show this weekend I saw a poster
advertising a gun show. Having never attended one even though I am a
card-carrying member of NRA I decided to see what was being offered. I
spent about 2 hours looking at guns I never knew existed and spent my
last $30.00 buying 28 ga. skeet shells at a slight bargain price. The
show was over at 4 p.m. Just before then, as I was making my way to
the exit, I looked down on a table and saw four absolutely pristine
pre war Stanley socket chisels with newly turned and waxed maple
handles. The backs had been flattened and polished and each of them
(1/4, 3/8/, 1/2, 3/4) had a polished micro bevel. Obviously this gun
dealer was a woodworker who knew how to sharpen. How much? I
enquired. The gun dealer said, "Well I wanted $45.00 but if you want
them you can have them for $30." "OK. I'll take them. You take
credit cards, right?" "Nope, I'm not set up for that. I can only
take cash." No ATM close enough to get cash before he folded his
tent. Damn, I wish I had not bought those shot gun shells.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Joe Bleau" wrote in message
[...]

I don't know... my 28 gauge SxS is a delight to carry afield and fun to
shoot so getting a bit of a deal on 28 gauge shells is always appreciated.
Of course I could go through 5-6 boxes of shells in little time at the range
(or grouse hunting for that matter) and the chisels would last a lot longer.
;~)

John

Posted to rec.woodworking
sal sal is offline

Sounds like you blew your wad too soon Joe.I once found an ceramic
sculpture at an garage sale by an recognized artist and continued to look
around and then return to the object about 5 minutes later but someone had
already scooped it.

Sal

WWII! Toller Woodworking 36 September 6th 06 11:19 PM
Forrest WWII blade eclipsme Woodworking 31 August 1st 06 06:54 PM
WWII gasoline cooker? Glenn Ashmore Metalworking 19 May 28th 06 05:26 PM
Forrest Has Their WWII Blades on Sale Tom Banes Woodworking 0 March 23rd 06 10:13 PM
Where I have been? I just read about a new WWII blade David Woodworking 10 December 29th 05 12:49 PM