Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Too Freak'en cold

Those low temps lend a whole new meaning to 'ice in veins'.
Here in south Texas it's getting out of those intolerable 40s and 50s and is supposed to hit 60 today and a high of clear and 70 this week - marginably acceptable!. Then back to the 50s.
Too close to sea level for a basement (note envy in tone).

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 12:00:06 GMT, wrote:

Those low temps lend a whole new meaning to 'ice in veins'.
Here in south Texas it's getting out of those intolerable 40s and 50s and is supposed to hit 60 today and a high of clear and 70 this week - marginably acceptable!. Then back to the 50s.
Too close to sea level for a basement (note envy in tone).

Last week we had 7 F. Yesterday it hit 64 F. This has been one strange
winter.

--
"We need to make a sacrifice to the gods, find me a young virgin... oh, and bring something to kill"

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

Tim Douglass wrote:

Last week we had 7 F. Yesterday it hit 64 F. This has been one strange
winter.

It had risen from 0F to about 20F when I left Cleveland last week.

Arrived back in SoCal to nite time temps of about mid 50's.

Yesterday it hit 90F at SuperBowl game time.

I'll take it.

Lew
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message

Yesterday it hit 90F at SuperBowl game time.

I'll take it.

Me too ... it hit a sunny 68 this afternoon in the shop... oh so damn
wonderful after 48 days of cold rain, in TEXAS, of all places.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/02/07

Posted to rec.woodworking

It's 3 deg. F as I write these words and getting stinking cold in my
basement. G'night.

Bill

rascal less in the world.
Thomas Carlyle (1795 - 1881)
http://nmwoodworks.com

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000710-3, 02/05/2007
Tested on: 2/6/2007 2:17:13 AM