Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Delta X unisaw repair problems

Anybody out there have a clue how to repair / fix the locking handle on
the blade height and angle adjustment wheels on the Unisaw? This is a
new saw with only a few hours on it and the screw-in locking handle no
longer holds a setting. Pretty dangerous condition since the blade can
move on it's own during a cut. Can't use the saw until I get a fix and
it seems to be a problem internal to the adjustment screw itself.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Go to warranty first if applicable.

I know nothing about Delta X.

I have taken apart, remade, and repaired Delta Unisaw lock pins.
There are a pair of brass taper-nosed pins that are pushed by the
tip of the center locking handle on the old Unisaws. It takes
very little pressure to lock the pins. The reason I have had to
remake more than one set had to do with "someone" over tightening
the knob. These have been on older used saws. One had been
tightened so much it cracked the casting that the pins push
against - have to buy new or replacement. I very seldom lock
mine, the only time I ever do it is to control a depth cut. I
don't think it would ever move, but some cuts need to match. I
have NO experience about a Unisaw losing its settings for failure
to lock.

--
DanG

oups.com...