Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Lumber yards near Charlotte, NC

I'm a woodworking hobbyist and up until now, I've been buying all my
lumber at the big box stores. After giving my left arm and firstborn
child for some oak boards today and then finding that every single one
of them is bowed, I've decided that it's time to starting milling my
own.

I live near Monroe, south of Charlotte. Can anyone recommend any good
lumber yards near this area that sell oak/cherry/walnut/etc. in fairly
low quantities for a reasonable price?

Thanks,
Mike

Posted to rec.woodworking

Hey I live in Charlotte too.

I have never been there but I found this place on the web and plan on
making a visit

http://www.mcgeelumber.com/
McGee Lumber Company
2329 N. Graham St.
Charlotte, NC 28206-2505
704-332-2107

You might have seen my post about the "Value of a planer". I just can't
stomach paying the prices they ask for finished lumber. I have a bunch
of white oak flooring I cut and plane and glue up to make what ever I
need. I also got a load of Cherry from a guy by acident.

If you find any good sources please let me know.

Todd

wrote:
I'm a woodworking hobbyist and up until now, I've been buying all my
lumber at the big box stores. After giving my left arm and firstborn
child for some oak boards today and then finding that every single one
of them is bowed, I've decided that it's time to starting milling my
own.

I live near Monroe, south of Charlotte. Can anyone recommend any good
lumber yards near this area that sell oak/cherry/walnut/etc. in fairly
low quantities for a reasonable price?

Thanks,
Mike

Posted to rec.woodworking

The Charlotte Hardwood Center on Golf Acres Drive off Wilkenson Blvd. It's
on the other side of Charlotte from you out near the airport.
They carry many kinds of hardwood (imported and domestic), plywood, and
cabinet hardware.

--
Charley

wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm a woodworking hobbyist and up until now, I've been buying all my
lumber at the big box stores. After giving my left arm and firstborn
child for some oak boards today and then finding that every single one
of them is bowed, I've decided that it's time to starting milling my
own.

I live near Monroe, south of Charlotte. Can anyone recommend any good
lumber yards near this area that sell oak/cherry/walnut/etc. in fairly
low quantities for a reasonable price?

Thanks,
Mike

Posted to rec.woodworking

Charley wrote:
The Charlotte Hardwood Center on Golf Acres Drive off Wilkenson Blvd. It's
on the other side of Charlotte from you out near the airport.
They carry many kinds of hardwood (imported and domestic), plywood, and
cabinet hardware.

That's where I go as well. You can buy as big or little an order as you need.
Nice folks.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Charley" wrote in message
The Charlotte Hardwood Center on Golf Acres Drive off Wilkenson Blvd. It's
on the other side of Charlotte from you out near the airport.
They carry many kinds of hardwood (imported and domestic), plywood, and
cabinet hardware.

--
Charley

Do they still have the exotic lumber. Someone posted a while back and said
that they had stopped carrying it and just had domestic.?????

yards of concrete Tommy Home Repair 22 September 26th 06 12:31 AM
Gosh I hope this is a gloat/Lumber yards in Buffalo NY? Toller Woodworking 10 November 21st 05 06:06 PM
Advice on CP Morgan in Charlotte [email protected] Home Ownership 0 September 5th 05 06:18 PM
Are there any welder wrecking yards out there [email protected] Metalworking 1 December 25th 04 11:45 AM