Posted to alt.home.repair
Tommy

Default yards of concrete

formula for required yars for 9'X12'X 4' deep
Posted to alt.home.repair
sky

Avast 'er maty....only one yar required, 'or 'omethin that deep!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Andy wrote:

9'X12'x4' is 432 cubic feet

That's a very thick slab.

Nick

Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

wrote in message
Andy wrote:

9'X12'x4' is 432 cubic feet

That's a very thick slab.

Nick

Yeah, on the off chance it was 4" thick it is ((9*12)*(4/12))/27 or about
1 -1/3 yards

Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B

wrote in message
Andy wrote:

9'X12'x4' is 432 cubic feet

That's a very thick slab.

Nick

That's a Jimmy Hoffa slab.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT

It is usually good to calculate the number of cubic yards based on 25 cubic
feet per yard, this avoids running short due to spillage and/or for extra
deep spots that need more material. Running short can be quite a problem
when trying to get it finished before it starts to set, so some overage is
always better, unless you are buying from a truck that mixes it as you take
it and you pay according to a meter on the truck.

"Tommy" wrote in message
news:7a9fdb21492bf04b7f32a15635ef6672@homerepairli ve.com...
formula for required yars for 9'X12'X 4' deep

Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn

Tommy wrote:

formula for required yars for 9'X12'X 4' deep

Four FEET deep?

15.6

Four inches?

1.32
Posted to alt.home.repair
PanHandler

"Tommy" wrote in message
news:7a9fdb21492bf04b7f32a15635ef6672@homerepairli ve.com...
formula for required yars for 9'X12'X 4' deep

Damn, that must be a BIG flag pole.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"Tommy" wrote in message
news:7a9fdb21492bf04b7f32a15635ef6672@homerepairli ve.com...
formula for required yars for 9'X12'X 4' deep

What is sad is all the tax dollars we give to fund public education. this is
fifth grade math. I want my money back.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote

What is sad is all the tax dollars we give to fund public education. this
is
fifth grade math. I want my money back.

Remember, Ed. We now live in the liberal era. Whether you are stupid or
not doesn't matter. It's most important that you don't feel bad about
feeling stupid. Or make some stupid person feel bad about feeling stupid.

HTH.

Steve, who wants to go back to the old ways and days

Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
om...

"Tommy" wrote in message
news:7a9fdb21492bf04b7f32a15635ef6672@homerepairli ve.com...
formula for required yars for 9'X12'X 4' deep

What is sad is all the tax dollars we give to fund public education. this
is
fifth grade math. I want my money back.

There you go again Edwin

The little dumb-asses feel good about themselves. Isn't that what really
matters?

Colbyt

Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker LT

Yeah, try to get one of the High school genius' to count change back to you
at the cash register. They can't do it.

--
Steve Barker

"Tommy" wrote in message
news:7a9fdb21492bf04b7f32a15635ef6672@homerepairli ve.com...
formula for required yars for 9'X12'X 4' deep

What is sad is all the tax dollars we give to fund public education. this
is
fifth grade math. I want my money back.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B

"Steve Barker LT" wrote in message
Yeah, try to get one of the High school genius' to count change back to
you at the cash register. They can't do it.

--
Steve Barker

I particularly like it when they wad it into a semi ball and drop it all in
your hands, bills, change, and all.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Tommy" wrote in message
news:7a9fdb21492bf04b7f32a15635ef6672@homerepairli ve.com...
formula for required yars for 9'X12'X 4' deep

What is sad is all the tax dollars we give to fund public education. this is
fifth grade math. I want my money back.

My first thoughts when I saw the OP

1. His calculator battery died.
2. His pinky finger is broken.

God help us!

Harry K

Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry Bud

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Tommy" wrote in message
news:7a9fdb21492bf04b7f32a15635ef6672@homerepairli ve.com...
formula for required yars for 9'X12'X 4' deep

What is sad is all the tax dollars we give to fund public education. this is
fifth grade math. I want my money back.

Since when did public schools teach math?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ether Jones

Since when did public schools teach math?

They teach it. But it has "evolved" over time:

Evolution of the Math Problem

1960: A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of
production is 4/5 of this price. What is his profit?

1970 (traditional math): A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100.
His cost of production is 4/5 of this price, in other words $80. What
is his profit?

1970 (new math): A logger exchanges a set L of lumber for a set M of
money. The cardinality of set M is 100 and each element is worth $1.
Make one hundred dots representing the elements of the set M. The set C
is a subset of M and its complement is the set P. Circle the elements
of the set P of profit.

1980: A logger sells a truckload of wood for $100. His cost of
production is $80 and his profit is $20. Your assignment: underline the
number 20.

1990 (outcome based education): By cutting down beautiful forest trees,
a logger makes $20. What do you think of this way of making a living?
(Topic for class participation: How did the forest birds and squirrels
feel?)

2002: A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of
production is $120. How does Arthur Andersen determine that his profit
margin is $60?

Posted to alt.home.repair
PDQ

"Ether Jones" wrote in message oups.com...

| Since when did public schools teach math?
|
| They teach it. But it has "evolved" over time:
|
| Evolution of the Math Problem
|
| 1960: A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of
| production is 4/5 of this price. What is his profit?

I stopped after 1960.

I think a fifth is a pretty good deal ---- especially if it's Scotch (Single Malt) G

--
PDQ

Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn

Yeah, try to get one of the High school genius' to count change back to you
at the cash register. They can't do it.

That's not really quite fair. Every time I've had
an encounter with a 16 yo. cashier/food server who couldn't
figure out how to make change, there's been another one
right next to them rolling their eyes in disgust, and
a 17/18 y.o. shift manager shift manager visibly supressing
the urge to euthenise the poor stupid ******* on the spot.

THe trouble isn't that nobody who graduates from high-school
learns/knows anything, it's that people graduate whether
they learn/know anything or not.

I look at it this way: If the people at McDonalds are too
stupid to count to six, the economy's in pretty good shape.
If the people at McDonalds can rationally discuss relativity,
then it's time to look to your hedge fund...

Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B

wrote in message
On 18 May 2006 05:54:57 -0700, "Larry Bud"
wrote:

Since when did public schools teach math?

the 50s
I think they stopped in the 60s because it harmed the kid's self
esteem when you told him 2+2 was not 6

I went to Catholic school. You either learn or they beat it into you.

When I went to USMC Basic in 1966, a DI was screaming in my face.

I said, "You don't scare me. I went to Catholic school." I thought he was
going to bust a gut laughing. Basic was easier after that. Come to find
out, he went to Catholic school, too.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht

"Steve B" wrote:
-snip-
When I went to USMC Basic in 1966, a DI was screaming in my face.

I said, "You don't scare me. I went to Catholic school." I thought he was
going to bust a gut laughing. Basic was easier after that. Come to find
out, he went to Catholic school, too.

Can I guess that you went to Boot Camp in San Diego? I went to
PI in 68 and I can't imagine any drill instructor not beating your ass
for what you said. I never saw a DI so much as crack a smile while I
was there. [I'm not complaining-- I agree with the motto at the PI
rifle range- 'The more we sweat in peace, the less we bleed in war.'-
boot camp sucked for good reason.]

I did radio-telegraph school at San Diego & couldn't believe how
different boot camp looked out there. [and no- the Marines didn't
have any telegraphs in 1968. But if they had, we could have used
them.g]

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

Goedjn wrote:

I look at it this way: If the people at McDonalds are too
stupid to count to six, the economy's in pretty good shape.
If the people at McDonalds can rationally discuss relativity,
then it's time to look to your hedge fund...

Excellent! LOL :-)

Mark

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Steve B" wrote in message

wrote in message
Andy wrote:

9'X12'x4' is 432 cubic feet

That's a very thick slab.

Nick

That's a Jimmy Hoffa slab.

Steve

Well, how much do you sutract from 432 cubic feet to account for one Jimmy
Hoffa? remember, he was a fairly big fella......

Concrete Bonding Agent & people who do not read directions... a Home Repair 2 October 5th 05 03:50 PM
How to make new concrete attach to old concrete JW Home Repair 8 June 27th 04 08:44 AM
How to make new concrete attach to old concrete JW Home Ownership 8 June 27th 04 08:44 AM
Laying Concrete Flooring John UK diy 5 September 24th 03 07:15 AM
Help with concrete! Alexander Galkin Home Repair 4 August 16th 03 04:40 AM