Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht

Default yards of concrete

"Steve B" wrote:
-snip-
When I went to USMC Basic in 1966, a DI was screaming in my face.

I said, "You don't scare me. I went to Catholic school." I thought he was
going to bust a gut laughing. Basic was easier after that. Come to find
out, he went to Catholic school, too.

Can I guess that you went to Boot Camp in San Diego? I went to
PI in 68 and I can't imagine any drill instructor not beating your ass
for what you said. I never saw a DI so much as crack a smile while I
was there. [I'm not complaining-- I agree with the motto at the PI
rifle range- 'The more we sweat in peace, the less we bleed in war.'-
boot camp sucked for good reason.]

I did radio-telegraph school at San Diego & couldn't believe how
different boot camp looked out there. [and no- the Marines didn't
have any telegraphs in 1968. But if they had, we could have used
them.g]

Jim