Toller

Default Gosh I hope this is a gloat/Lumber yards in Buffalo NY?

I just bought a Performax 16/32 w/stand for $629 from RAF in Buffalo (after
the rebate). Okay, I have to drive 60 miles and pay sales tax; but it is
still $200 below Amazon. I sure hope it turns out to be a gloat!

As long as I am in Buffalo, are there any really sexy lumber yards worth a
visit? I've never seen a Rockler; is that worth a visit, or will it just
look like a WoodCraft?

no(SPAM)vasys

Toller wrote:
I just bought a Performax 16/32 w/stand for $629 from RAF in Buffalo (after
the rebate). Okay, I have to drive 60 miles and pay sales tax; but it is
still $200 below Amazon. I sure hope it turns out to be a gloat!

As long as I am in Buffalo, are there any really sexy lumber yards worth a
visit? I've never seen a Rockler; is that worth a visit, or will it just
look like a WoodCraft?

If you want to see a real hardwood lumber place try:

Advantage Trim & Lumber
601 Ohio St.
Buffalo NY 14203

http://www.advantagelumber.com/

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

(Remove -SPAM- to send email)

Toller

"TomL" wrote in message
On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 18:16:17 GMT, "Toller" wrote:

I just bought a Performax 16/32 w/stand for $629 from RAF in Buffalo
(after
the rebate). Okay, I have to drive 60 miles and pay sales tax; but it is
still $200 below Amazon. I sure hope it turns out to be a gloat!

As long as I am in Buffalo, are there any really sexy lumber yards worth a
visit? I've never seen a Rockler; is that worth a visit, or will it just
look like a WoodCraft?

An Ebay win?

Yup. Can't figure out why it is so cheap. That is what worries me.

no(SPAM)vasys

Toller wrote:

Yup. Can't figure out why it is so cheap. That is what worries me.

Does the company happen to be located in the Seneca Warehouse (600 block
of Seneca St, bordered by Larkin, Exchange and Hamburg Streets). I ask
because my neighbor bought three DVD players from a company located
there that sells surplus equipment. They sell only via Ebay.

He paid $40 for all three players (plus a $20 handling fee although he
picked them up) and they all were fine.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

(Remove -SPAM- to send email)

Toller

"no(SPAM)vasys" wrote in message
Toller wrote:

Yup. Can't figure out why it is so cheap. That is what worries me.

Does the company happen to be located in the Seneca Warehouse (600 block
of Seneca St, bordered by Larkin, Exchange and Hamburg Streets). I ask
because my neighbor bought three DVD players from a company located there
that sells surplus equipment. They sell only via Ebay.

He paid $40 for all three players (plus a $20 handling fee although he
picked them up) and they all were fine.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

(Remove -SPAM- to send email)

Don't know. They are in Lackwanna and their warehouse is by the airport. I
have passed through Buffalo several hundred times, but only been there once
to see the Galleria when it was new.

no(SPAM)vasys

Toller wrote:

Don't know. They are in Lackwanna and their warehouse is by the airport. I
have passed through Buffalo several hundred times, but only been there once
to see the Galleria when it was new.

Okay, that would be RAF Supply at 2350 Hamburg Tpke, Lackawanna. I
drive past there location frequently, as they're about 3 miles from my
house, but I've never dealt with them.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

(Remove -SPAM- to send email)
Toller

Toller wrote:

Don't know. They are in Lackwanna and their warehouse is by the airport.
I have passed through Buffalo several hundred times, but only been there
once to see the Galleria when it was new.

Okay, that would be RAF Supply at 2350 Hamburg Tpke, Lackawanna. I drive
past there location frequently, as they're about 3 miles from my house,
but I've never dealt with them.

Yup, that them. The only other tool I want is a Milwaukee 3.5hp, but they
are 40% over Amazon on it. I can't figure out why they are so cheap on the
drum sander.

Edwin Pawlowski

"Toller" wrote in message

Yup, that them. The only other tool I want is a Milwaukee 3.5hp, but they
are 40% over Amazon on it. I can't figure out why they are so cheap on
the drum sander.

Maybe it has been sitting in the warehouse taking up cash flow for a long
time and he wants to move it as fast as possible. There may be a larger
markup on it, thus the greater discount, compared to a router. Only way to
know for sure it to ask him if he is making enough profit and offer to pay
more if he is not.

no(SPAM)vasys

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Toller" wrote in message

Yup, that them. The only other tool I want is a Milwaukee 3.5hp, but they
are 40% over Amazon on it. I can't figure out why they are so cheap on
the drum sander.

Maybe it has been sitting in the warehouse taking up cash flow for a long
time and he wants to move it as fast as possible. There may be a larger
markup on it, thus the greater discount, compared to a router. Only way to
know for sure it to ask him if he is making enough profit and offer to pay
more if he is not.

The shop is listed as an authorized service shop for a number of
different tool manufacturers. I suspect it's a unit that was brought in
for repair and never picked up. They probably listed the tool on Ebay
for what they had into it.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

(Remove -SPAM- to send email)

Posted to rec.woodworking
TomL

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 18:16:17 GMT, "Toller" wrote:

I just bought a Performax 16/32 w/stand for $629 from RAF in Buffalo (after
the rebate). Okay, I have to drive 60 miles and pay sales tax; but it is
still $200 below Amazon. I sure hope it turns out to be a gloat!

So how did the pickup go? Everything intact?