Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Good deal on a shop heater...

Found a great deal on a popane heater for my shop. 2 car garage, runs
of a 20 # propane cylinder also with the optional hose.

Have to go to Lowes to get it or order online

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...=cr&lpage=none

That is the price for my zipcode...
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Mapdude" wrote in message
.. .
Found a great deal on a popane heater for my shop. 2 car garage, runs of
a 20 # propane cylinder also with the optional hose.

Have to go to Lowes to get it or order online

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...=cr&lpage=none

That is the price for my zipcode...

Must not be too cold in your zip code. I use a 30,000 btu portable propane
heater in zipcode 61073 and it just manages to warm things up right around
me so I can work without gloves when it's really cold.

Tom G

Posted to rec.woodworking

That's not a bad deal! Hopefully, your live in a mild area though, it'd
likely never heat a 2 car garage here in winter (well, maybe this winter,
but this is an exception) If your in a colder climate, I'd suggest this one
for the extra $30
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...5CT&lpage=none I
use it on cold mornings to get the shop warm initially, and then burn wood
to maintain the temp. It's a little noisy, but does have a thermostat
that'll shut it off automatically. Stay warm and make some dust! --dave

"Mapdude" wrote in message
.. .
Found a great deal on a popane heater for my shop. 2 car garage, runs of
a 20 # propane cylinder also with the optional hose.

Have to go to Lowes to get it or order online

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...=cr&lpage=none

That is the price for my zipcode...

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Mapdude" wrote in message
.. .
Found a great deal on a popane heater for my shop. 2 car garage, runs of
a 20 # propane cylinder also with the optional hose.

Have to go to Lowes to get it or order online

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...=cr&lpage=none

That is the price for my zipcode...

If your garage is attached to the house, it may be enough. I have a detached
garage and use a 30,000 Btu and won't ever try to use it below 20 degrees
outside because it just won't get warm enough. I'm in CT, about the same
climate as you. OTOH, last weekend I was working with the garage door open.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Tom G wrote:
Must not be too cold in your zip code. I use a 30,000 btu portable propane
heater in zipcode 61073 and it just manages to warm things up right around
me so I can work without gloves when it's really cold.

In Roscoe? Even THIS winter? I bought a 240V Maynard's electric heater
for my garage in Madison WI and it's been pretty nice on my unattached
garashop this year. Last year I could only get about 20, 25 degree
difference out of it so when it got down to 15 degrees I quit working.
:-)

This year I got a little more insulation in there and it's been above
30 most of the time so I've gotten a lot more shop time in. It's been
great.

Ice fishermen are really ticked off, though. Going to be a pain with
the algae blooms this spring if those lakes don't get a good three-week
freeze.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Mapdude wrote:

Found a great deal on a popane heater for my shop. 2 car garage, runs
of a 20 # propane cylinder also with the optional hose.

Have to go to Lowes to get it or order online

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...=cr&lpage=none

That is the price for my zipcode...

I'd also check the serial number on the unit against the list of those
being recalled. It appears Mr. Heater no longer makes the "Tough Buddy":

http://www.mrheater.com/products.asp?catid=40

and there is a recall out for propane leakage.

http://www.mrheater.com/faq.asp?id=27

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
oups.com...

Tom G wrote:
[...]

Well, THIS Winter, I just open the big door and let the warm air in. And as
to ice fishing..last Sunday, my son and grandson and I went fishing, "in a
boat" on the Pec river. Never did that before this time of year. Caught a
couple of nice Walleyes, too. I thought about one of the 240v heaters but
ComEd is raising our rates by 22-24%, so I think I'll stay away from
electricity if possible.

Tom G.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12 Jan 2007 08:43:24 -0800, "
wrote:

Tom G wrote:
Must not be too cold in your zip code. I use a 30,000 btu portable propane
heater in zipcode 61073 and it just manages to warm things up right around
me so I can work without gloves when it's really cold.

In Roscoe? Even THIS winter? I bought a 240V Maynard's electric heater
for my garage in Madison WI and it's been pretty nice on my unattached
garashop this year. Last year I could only get about 20, 25 degree
difference out of it so when it got down to 15 degrees I quit working.
:-)

This year I got a little more insulation in there and it's been above
30 most of the time so I've gotten a lot more shop time in. It's been
great.

I've got a crazy heater now- I built a propane forge in the garage
next to the basement shop, and that sucker will heat the place to
about 80* in ten minutes with the garage door open and no insulation.
Cost me about $18 when I bought the pipe fittings for the gas and
burner. The only caveat is that it burns six pounds of propane an
hour, and produces a fair amount of water vapor. (Small price to pay
to be able to melt iron in the garage, if you ask me!)

The shop never gets really *cold*, being in the basement- but if it
ever does, I'll just open up the door to the garage for a couple of
minutes.

Ice fishermen are really ticked off, though. Going to be a pain with
the algae blooms this spring if those lakes don't get a good three-week
freeze.

I'm ticked off, too. I'm accustomed to snow in Wisconsin, and this
year- with all the ground cover dead and exposed, I've been dealing
with an allergy nightmare for months on end.

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
Mapdude wrote:

Found a great deal on a popane heater for my shop. 2 car garage, runs
of a 20 # propane cylinder also with the optional hose.

Have to go to Lowes to get it or order online

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...1258-51644-F27
4815&detail=cr&lpage=none

That is the price for my zipcode...

I had one of the Portable buddy Heaters try to burn my Garage down once.
If the hose connection (while running off of tank) is not tight, propane
will leak into the enclosure, and burn off when it reaches the flame on
the front. The regulator cannot handle that temp and fails, WIDE OPEN!
Known flaw, hope they fixed it.

--
Dana Miller