Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] else24@gmail.com is offline

Default Good deal on a shop heater...

Tom G wrote:
Must not be too cold in your zip code. I use a 30,000 btu portable propane
heater in zipcode 61073 and it just manages to warm things up right around
me so I can work without gloves when it's really cold.

In Roscoe? Even THIS winter? I bought a 240V Maynard's electric heater
for my garage in Madison WI and it's been pretty nice on my unattached
garashop this year. Last year I could only get about 20, 25 degree
difference out of it so when it got down to 15 degrees I quit working.
:-)

This year I got a little more insulation in there and it's been above
30 most of the time so I've gotten a lot more shop time in. It's been
great.

Ice fishermen are really ticked off, though. Going to be a pain with
the algae blooms this spring if those lakes don't get a good three-week
freeze.