Posted to rec.woodworking

Default rigid bandsaw

Bought a 16 inch Rigid bandsaw (demo) and have tried to cut with it. I have
aligned the blade set the bearing and alignment block, set the tension.
leveled the table etc etc etc but it still will not cut a straight line. I
drew a straight line with a square and starting on the line it will wander
off almost a half inch to the right on a 4 inch board.
Is this the blade causing this??? blade looked good and it was on the saw
when I bought it 6 tpi by 3/8th wide. thanks for any help

Posted to rec.woodworking

"bob kater" wrote in message
Bought a 16 inch Rigid bandsaw (demo) and have tried to cut with it. I
have aligned the blade set the bearing and alignment block, set the
tension. leveled the table etc etc etc but it still will not cut a
straight line. I drew a straight line with a square and starting on the
line it will wander off almost a half inch to the right on a 4 inch board.
Is this the blade causing this??? blade looked good and it was on the saw
when I bought it 6 tpi by 3/8th wide. thanks for any help

There is an adjustment that moves the blade towards you or away from you. If
the cut is wandering to the right, the blade may be forward of where it
should be. Try to adjust the blade to run in the center of the wheel.
Fine Woodworking 173 (December 2004) and Wood Magazine 172 (October 2006)
both have articles dealing with your problem.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I have it running right in the middle and its is no better at all. you have
the link to those articles? maybe try going back beyond center??? It was
slightly in front of center but it got no better at all trying it in the
center
"Lowell Holmes" wrote in message

"bob kater" wrote in message
Bought a 16 inch Rigid bandsaw (demo) and have tried to cut with it. I
have aligned the blade set the bearing and alignment block, set the
tension. leveled the table etc etc etc but it still will not cut a
straight line. I drew a straight line with a square and starting on the
line it will wander off almost a half inch to the right on a 4 inch
board.
Is this the blade causing this??? blade looked good and it was on the saw
when I bought it 6 tpi by 3/8th wide. thanks for any help

There is an adjustment that moves the blade towards you or away from you.
If the cut is wandering to the right, the blade may be forward of where it
should be. Try to adjust the blade to run in the center of the wheel.
Fine Woodworking 173 (December 2004) and Wood Magazine 172 (October 2006)
both have articles dealing with your problem.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"bob kater" wrote in message
Bought a 16 inch Rigid bandsaw (demo) and have tried to cut with it. I
have aligned the blade set the bearing and alignment block, set the
tension. leveled the table etc etc etc but it still will not cut a
straight line. I drew a straight line with a square and starting on the
line it will wander off almost a half inch to the right on a 4 inch
board.
Is this the blade causing this??? blade looked good and it was on the
saw when I bought it 6 tpi by 3/8th wide. thanks for any help

There is an adjustment that moves the blade towards you or away from you.
If the cut is wandering to the right, the blade may be forward of where
it should be. Try to adjust the blade to run in the center of the wheel.
Fine Woodworking 173 (December 2004) and Wood Magazine 172 (October 2006)
both have articles dealing with your problem.

Try the links below. Google bandsaw tuneup for more articles.

http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/wk_too...278285,00.html

http://www.woodcraft.com/articles.aspx?articleid=223

http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworki...F.aspx?id=2795

:-)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 4 Jan 2007 19:54:58 -0500, "bob kater"
wrote:

Bought a 16 inch Rigid bandsaw (demo) and have tried to cut with it. I have
aligned the blade set the bearing and alignment block, set the tension.
leveled the table etc etc etc but it still will not cut a straight line. I
drew a straight line with a square and starting on the line it will wander
off almost a half inch to the right on a 4 inch board.
Is this the blade causing this??? blade looked good and it was on the saw
when I bought it 6 tpi by 3/8th wide. thanks for any help

It's normal for some amount of drift to be there, but not that much.
Take the blade that came with the saw and throw it in the trash, get a
good blade for it and work from there.

-Leuf

Posted to rec.woodworking

"bob kater" wrote in message
Bought a 16 inch Rigid bandsaw (demo) and have tried to cut with it. I
have aligned the blade set the bearing and alignment block, set the
tension. leveled the table etc etc etc but it still will not cut a
straight line. I drew a straight line with a square and starting on the
line it will wander off almost a half inch to the right on a 4 inch board.
Is this the blade causing this??? blade looked good and it was on the saw
when I bought it 6 tpi by 3/8th wide. thanks for any help

In addition to the other fine suggestions you might consider buying one of
the bandsaw books available. I have the Duginske book and found more tips
on tuning than I would ever have thought of on my own. I believe I paid
about $18 for it. Now, you can also check to be sure that *both* pairs of
your guide blocks are appropriately set (off hand I'm thinking .005) as well
as the roller bearings. Also, replace the stock blade. If this blade has
had the set knocked off of the left side it will bite on the right and draw
the line of cut in that direction. BTW, if you go to
http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/index.php for owner's experiences with
tuning up this saw.

too rigid csapo Home Repair 1 October 19th 05 03:32 AM
Rigid Vs. DeWalt [email protected] Woodworking 22 May 4th 05 11:47 PM
Anyone actually using a Rigid BS1400? [email protected] Woodworking 8 January 23rd 05 10:24 PM
14" Bandsaw, Rigid or Delta? [email protected] Woodworking 7 January 22nd 05 08:15 AM
Rigid MSUV mel Woodworking 3 March 5th 04 12:08 AM