Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Experience with Dewalt laser on miter saw

Hi to all,

Just purchased a DW716 miter saw and i want to add a laser on it. There is
a specific laser from dewalt that fit on this, i think it is DW7187. But
unfortunately i have seen many bad reviews on it. Can someone owning such
an equipment can comment ?

Cheers

Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

André Langevin wrote:
Hi to all,

Just purchased a DW716 miter saw and i want to add a laser on it. There is
a specific laser from dewalt that fit on this, i think it is DW7187. But
unfortunately i have seen many bad reviews on it. Can someone owning such
an equipment can comment ?

I don't own one, but I have looked at several saws w/ the laser
attachment at both showrooms and shows. None that I have seen provide
a crisp enough line that to my taste were adequate for precision use.
For most carpentry exterior trim work I would judge them adequate, for
cabinetry or fine finish interior finish, less than satisfactory.

I have not seen this particular model, I have seen a DeWalt as well as
Craftsman and --I'm trying to recall who all else was at the
show--pretty sure Makita...I really would say I saw little discernible
difference between them.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I have the setup your refering to. I dunno if I got a bad laser, but mine
is a POS. It will give a nice crisp line, but the damn thing gets out of
alignment anytime I move the saw. Just setup in the shop, it's fine, but if
I take the saw to a jobsite, just that little bouncing around means I have
to reset the thing to use it at all, and resetting it takes more time than
it's worth. Haven't used it in months now...--dave
"André Langevin" wrote in message
Hi to all,

Just purchased a DW716 miter saw and i want to add a laser on it. There
is a specific laser from dewalt that fit on this, i think it is DW7187.
But unfortunately i have seen many bad reviews on it. Can someone owning
such an equipment can comment ?

Cheers

Posted to rec.woodworking

Hi Dave,

What you describe is exactly what i have read about. Everyone says that the
laser works fine but it need reajustment very often so it is hard to trust.
Altough i work at home and doesn't move the equipment often, i'm not sure
if i can make good use of it.

Thanks for your comment ! And if you want to sell it let me know

ink.net...