Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Experience with Dewalt laser on miter saw

André Langevin wrote:
Hi to all,

Just purchased a DW716 miter saw and i want to add a laser on it. There is
a specific laser from dewalt that fit on this, i think it is DW7187. But
unfortunately i have seen many bad reviews on it. Can someone owning such
an equipment can comment ?

I don't own one, but I have looked at several saws w/ the laser
attachment at both showrooms and shows. None that I have seen provide
a crisp enough line that to my taste were adequate for precision use.
For most carpentry exterior trim work I would judge them adequate, for
cabinetry or fine finish interior finish, less than satisfactory.

I have not seen this particular model, I have seen a DeWalt as well as
Craftsman and --I'm trying to recall who all else was at the
show--pretty sure Makita...I really would say I saw little discernible
difference between them.