SwampBug

Default DOOR WRITING DESK

There appears to be an ever thinning line between shabby-chic and simply no
imagination bordering on plain lazyness. . .

--
SwampBug
---------------------
"Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT" wrote in message
http://www.sampler.com/decideas/arch.../project1.html
This is actually pretty neat.

JOAT
Always put off until tomorrow something which, tomorrow, you could put
off until, let's say, next year.
- Lady Myria LeJean.

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT
Web Page Update 23 Jul 2003. Some tunes I like.
http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofal...All/page4.html

Charlie Self

SwampBug writes:

There appears to be an ever thinning line between shabby-chic and simply no
imagination bordering on plain lazyness. . .

True, but many years ago, when I needed a desk, I used a door, too. No chic at
all, and it didn't require much imagination. Just dropped the thing across 2
two drawer file cabinets and went to work. I used that thing for upwards of 10
years, in fact, updating only my office chair and going from an SCM electric
typewriter to an IBM Selectric.

Come to think of it, the office chair was one I got in a used office furniture
store in Port Jervis, NY.

Charlie Self

"If our democracy is to flourish, it must have criticism; if our government is
to function it must have dissent."
Henry Commager

SwampBug

I understand necessity. . .this looks more like a play to "what's in now"
than necessity. . .I watched this "Christopher Lowell" guy, who obviously
cut his teeth on filming set design, do very nice and simple things with
very little. Nothing wrong with that, , ,it's these guys who pull something
out of the road side trash pickup, slap a doily on it and call it decorating
that yanks my chain. . .g

--
SwampBug