SwampBug

Default DOOR WRITING DESK

I understand necessity. . .this looks more like a play to "what's in now"
than necessity. . .I watched this "Christopher Lowell" guy, who obviously
cut his teeth on filming set design, do very nice and simple things with
very little. Nothing wrong with that, , ,it's these guys who pull something
out of the road side trash pickup, slap a doily on it and call it decorating
that yanks my chain. . .g

--
SwampBug
---------------------
"Charlie Self" wrote in message
SwampBug writes:

There appears to be an ever thinning line between shabby-chic and simply

no
imagination bordering on plain lazyness. . .

True, but many years ago, when I needed a desk, I used a door, too. No

chic at
all, and it didn't require much imagination. Just dropped the thing across

2
two drawer file cabinets and went to work. I used that thing for upwards

of 10
years, in fact, updating only my office chair and going from an SCM

electric
typewriter to an IBM Selectric.

Come to think of it, the office chair was one I got in a used office

furniture
store in Port Jervis, NY.

Charlie Self

"If our democracy is to flourish, it must have criticism; if our

government is
to function it must have dissent."
Henry Commager