John

Default Scam Letter

Everybody get the one about changing your eBay password?

Charlie Self

Joh3n asks:
Everybody get the one about changing your eBay password?

Nope. Don't have one.

Charlie Self

"If our democracy is to flourish, it must have criticism; if our government is
to function it must have dissent."
Henry Commager

GTO69RA4

Everybody get the one about changing your eBay password?

....And the PayPal password, and the AOL password, and the dude in Africa who
wants to give me $10,000,000.

GTO(John)
Dave Balderstone

In article ,
John wrote:

Everybody get the one about changing your eBay password?

Nope, but I got one telling me Swiftpay.com user icare24 just
sent*$285.99 USD to me, and I have to do is enter my personal info at
the site they sent me to.

swiiftpay.com, no less. (note the double-i)

djb

--
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who
have not got it." -- G.B. Shaw
Lee Gordon

Everybody get the one about changing your eBay password?

The one in English or the one in German?

Lee

Nova

Larry Jaques wrote:

Yes, but Ebay themselves also told me to change it from
my email address due to scams. I make sure that anything
from Ebay or PayPal has the HTTPS prefix or just type it
in myself. Damned scammers are getting better and better.
To programmers like myself, they're sending code content
email which, initially, looks interesting or valid.

The one's I almost fall for are the pop-up's that look like valid
Windows error messages.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

larry in cinci

Default Scam Letter a new one

Speaking of scams I recieved another type today purportedly from microsoft
by e-mail. It was supposedly an update to fix bugs in micro* yadda yadda.
Called microsoft customer support to question this and was told microsoft
does not send bug fixes by e-mail If you get one don't open the attachment I
don't know what the thing will do but I really don't want to find out
either. Larry