larry in cinci

Default Scam Letter a new one

Speaking of scams I recieved another type today purportedly from microsoft
by e-mail. It was supposedly an update to fix bugs in micro* yadda yadda.
Called microsoft customer support to question this and was told microsoft
does not send bug fixes by e-mail If you get one don't open the attachment I
don't know what the thing will do but I really don't want to find out
either. Larry
"Nova" wrote in message
Larry Jaques wrote:

Yes, but Ebay themselves also told me to change it from
my email address due to scams. I make sure that anything
from Ebay or PayPal has the HTTPS prefix or just type it
in myself. Damned scammers are getting better and better.
To programmers like myself, they're sending code content
email which, initially, looks interesting or valid.

The one's I almost fall for are the pop-up's that look like valid
Windows error messages.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA