Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Wooden Machines Books.

Anyone have a copy of Making Wooden Mechanical Models by Gill & Alan
Bridgewater they are willing to part with? They are out of print and
rather scarce. I think they shipped with a book club in the late 90's.

ktow

Posted to rec.woodworking

Thanks, my budget can't quite cut the $70 price tag. Perhaps another
time.

ktow

Posted to rec.woodworking

ktow wrote:
Thanks, my budget can't quite cut the $70 price tag. Perhaps another
time.

ktow

Must be a really good book, i checked a few other sites and saw it as
high as $85. Keep checking ebay you might get lucky. Amazon has other
books by them you might be interested in.

Posted to rec.woodworking

ktow wrote:
Thanks, my budget can't quite cut the $70 price tag. Perhaps another
time.

ktow

But that's $70 Canadian, that makes it only $60.56 US according to
http://www.oanda.com/convert/classic
Joe

Posted to rec.woodworking

I suggest you check out http://www.allbookstores.com for the following
titles:

Making Wooden Mechanical Models by Gil & Alan Bridgewater - 1995

http://www.allbookstores.com/book/compare/1558703810

Eight sellers are listed with this item in stock , ready to ship.

Pricing Ranges from $ 19.91 to $ 75.75 and one seller is Canadian (
CHapters ).

Pricing includes postage and handling.

Making More Wooden Mechanical Models by Gil & Alan Bridgewater - 1999

http://www.allbookstores.com/book/compare/1558705082

Four sellers are listed with item in stock, ready to ship (one seller
is an eBay auction ).

Pricing Ranges from $ 22.09 to $ 33.71 and one seller is Canadian (
Chapters ) .

Pricing includes postage and handling.

Hope this information helps, but I doubt at this date that these items
can be shipped in time to arrive as a most welcome Christmans gift,
even if it's for yourself.

Planes True
wrote:
Anyone have a copy of Making Wooden Mechanical Models by Gill & Alan
Bridgewater they are willing to part with? They are out of print and
rather scarce. I think they shipped with a book club in the late 90's.

ktow

Posted to rec.woodworking

Must be a really good book, i checked a few other sites and saw it as
high as $85. Keep checking ebay you might get lucky. Amazon has other
books by them you might be interested in.

It is excellent. I read it from at the library. It is a bit of a
niche book. I like making examples of mechanical components and this
is a great starter.

I already have
Making Mechanical Marvels in Wood. By Ray Levy

&

Making More Wooden Mechanical Models. By the Bridgewaters.

Both are excellent if you'd like a pretty machine to put on a shelf.
They have great "nifty" appeal. (Though the second reaction is...
"Why did you make that?")

ktow