Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Buffing Pad

Does anyone make a buffing pad for a ROS? Just seems like a good idea
but have no idea if it would work.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Fred" wrote in message
ups.com...
Does anyone make a buffing pad for a ROS? Just seems like a good idea
but have no idea if it would work.

Bosch sells one for sure, and of course, 6" varieties for disk sanders
abound and can be tied on a 5" ROS. They work.

There's not much point in using them for wax in my opinion, though they
rottenstone a finish to a scratchless fair-thee-well.

Posted to rec.woodworking

http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=3693

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 18, 12:30 pm, "J. Clarke" wrote:
On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 08:23:11 -0800, Fred wrote:
Does anyone make a buffing pad for a ROS? Just seems like a good idea
but have no idea if it would work.http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=3693

http://www.amazon.com/Porter-Cable-1...4?ie=UTF8&s=hi
or http://tinyurl.com/wcp3s if the above doesn't work.
I've also seen similar at auto parts stores in the car washing supplies
section.
I actually bought one at my local Ace hardware for maybe $7 - it came
with a rubber disc with drill mandrel, and I mounted it in my DP to
buff wax on small parts, but it would be easy to take it off and put it
on the ROS.
Good luck,
Andy

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 18, 12:30 pm, "J. Clarke" wrote:
On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 08:23:11 -0800, Fred wrote:
Does anyone make a buffing pad for a ROS? Just seems like a good idea
but have no idea if it would work.http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=3693

I had a couple of those for my Bosch sander and never could get them to
stay together for very long.
I wound up buying a LOW end slow speed dedicated polisher and it works
like a champ.

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking

Fred wrote:
Does anyone make a buffing pad for a ROS? Just seems like a good idea
but have no idea if it would work.

Go to GriotsGarage.com. Get either the wax or polish bonnet. However,
you'll need a pad to put between the (velcro) sander pad and the bonnet
to keep the bonnet on and to provide some padding. They sell at least
two types of pads, one for polishing and one for waxing. Of course all
this is for automotive purposes.

I use a bunch of their stuff for detailing my car. It works well.

Jim