Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Craftsman radial arm saw motor runs slow

I have a Crafstsman radil arm saw model 113.197.150. When I went to
use it today it started but the motor turned very slow. When I pulled
the motor apart I found to small wires not connected (I think they go
to the voltage switch) could that be my problem, or maybe the
capacitor. I dont have a wiring diagrahm so any help would be
appreciated.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"I found two small wires not connected "

Huh!? Were they ever connected to anything? If not apparent, probably not.
Thus look elsewhere for the cause of the problem. Is there a capacitor in
the existing circuit? Do any of the coils appear darkened? Black, burnt?
Does the motor employ brushes against an armature? If so, have you examined
both parts?

"rmorrison9773" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a Crafstsman radil arm saw model 113.197.150. When I went to
use it today it started but the motor turned very slow. When I pulled
the motor apart I found to small wires not connected (I think they go
to the voltage switch) could that be my problem, or maybe the
capacitor. I dont have a wiring diagrahm so any help would be
appreciated.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I also have had this problem. I took it to a motor repair shop. I
forgot which part gets dusty but all he did was to blow out the dust in
the motor with an air hose. I had the problem again a couple of years
later and did the same thing (blew the motor out with an air hose) and
it works fine. Hope this helps.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Me Too.

Had the same experience with a Sears table saw (practically and antique
now). A good blow out with the shop vac put it back into service.

Old Guy

"foster239" wrote in message
ups.com...

I also have had this problem. I took it to a motor repair shop. I
forgot which part gets dusty but all he did was to blow out the dust in
the motor with an air hose. I had the problem again a couple of years
later and did the same thing (blew the motor out with an air hose) and
it works fine. Hope this helps.

Craftsman radial arm saw table Peter Wells Woodworking 27 February 27th 17 11:52 AM
Craftsman Radial Arm Saw V Woodworking 7 January 10th 07 01:53 AM
10" Craftsman Radial Arm Saw [email protected] Woodworking 5 November 8th 06 12:05 AM
Radial Arm Saw, Craftsman Booboo Woodworking 0 January 20th 05 07:53 PM
FS: old Craftsman 10" radial arm saw (Toronto) Nigel Burnett Woodworking 3 December 10th 04 03:03 AM