Posted to rec.woodworking
resrfglc resrfglc is offline

Default Craftsman radial arm saw motor runs slow

"I found two small wires not connected "

Huh!? Were they ever connected to anything? If not apparent, probably not.
Thus look elsewhere for the cause of the problem. Is there a capacitor in
the existing circuit? Do any of the coils appear darkened? Black, burnt?
Does the motor employ brushes against an armature? If so, have you examined
both parts?

"rmorrison9773" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a Crafstsman radil arm saw model 113.197.150. When I went to
use it today it started but the motor turned very slow. When I pulled
the motor apart I found to small wires not connected (I think they go
to the voltage switch) could that be my problem, or maybe the
capacitor. I dont have a wiring diagrahm so any help would be
appreciated.