Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Way The Heck Off Topic

Hey Guys:

Just got a call today for something pretty cool. Has absolutely nothing to
do with woodworking - unless I leverage the fact that I'll be using my
sawhorses on the project. So - apologies up front for those horribly
offended by off topic posts.

Just got an order to fix a Chip Foose paint job on a fairly new Mustang
today. Well, maybe it should be stated a little bit different than that,
but I like the way that sounds, and in the absolute strictest sense of the
phrase one could stretch it to be accurate. If one tries. A bit. Now ya
gotta remember - I don't paint for a living, it's a side line for me. I
paint a lot, but it's still just a side line.

It's not really fixing Foose's work - as if that needs to be done. It's
damage repair, but I'm really quite surprised that the paint damage that
resulted, ever happened. Still - it's pretty cool to have the opportunity
to put my paint down on a car that has been this heavily invested in.

So - with just a little bit of mental effort on my part, I'm suddenly
feeling like I'm up with the big boys. Wonder if this will turn into my own
TV show...

This sure beats banging the dents out of a 1994 Toyota and blending in color
to bring in a couple extra bucks.

Simple minds, simple pleasures I guess. Robert - where are ya? I want you
to take something from this... Keep the faith brother - maybe someday
you'll get the chance to paint a garage door that was originally mastered by
the pro's on This Old House. Or... maybe someday you'll get the chance to
do full body painting on Robin Hartl... Good things come to those who
happen to be at the right place at the right time.

Ok - this is going too far...

--

-Mike-