Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow Mike Marlow is offline

Default Way The Heck Off Topic

"Leon" wrote in message
t...

"Mike Marlow" wrote in message
Hey Guys:

Just got a call today for something pretty cool. Has absolutely nothing
do with woodworking - unless I leverage the fact that I'll be using my
sawhorses on the project. So - apologies up front for those horribly
offended by off topic posts.

Just got an order to fix a Chip Foose paint job on a fairly new Mustang
today. Well, maybe it should be stated a little bit different than

that,
but I like the way that sounds, and in the absolute strictest sense of

the
phrase one could stretch it to be accurate. If one tries. A bit. Now

ya
gotta remember - I don't paint for a living, it's a side line for me. I
paint a lot, but it's still just a side line.

"If" you are painting the whole car, no big deal. Since you are fixing

the
paint, ona Foose car, a lot bigger deal. Mixing and matching color,
temperature, humidity, spray pressure, NO PRESSURE. ;~)

That's the neat part about this opportunity, in my mind. Both color match
and quality match are paramount on this job. Foose turns out paint jobs
that are as smooth as glass and I have to match that. The owner has the
paint codes from Foose so getting the right color match is fairly easy in
the can, and the rest lies in the application. I'm not feeling a lot of
pressure, more excitement over being able to do the work.

--

-Mike-