Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow Mike Marlow is offline

Default Way The Heck Off Topic

wrote in message
ups.com...

Lots has gone on since you advised me so well with the newer spray guns
in high pressure and HVLP.

snip.....

And country club guys are telling me that they hae a lot more work for
me, work they don't want anyone else to touch. I have to confess I have
a real advantage here - they have been screwed hard by several
contractors that have taken a shot at their work, and that has caused
them to quit calling anyone else at this point. They don't like paying
for repairs to previous repairs one bit. I really like repairing the
doors, repairing the jambs, installing or rebuilding the hardware, then
refinishing.

That's some pretty impressive stuff Robert. It's always good to read the
successes of other guys in this group. I'm really glad to see your work
taking off.

Although, I must say that I am much more impressed with being asked to
work on Foose's work (did HE actually paint it?) than I am working out
at the country club.

I don't know if Chip actually did any of the work on this car. I'm guessing
not, just owing to what you see on TV. I wouldn't be more impressed by my
opportunity though. Your work at the country club is exactly the same
thing. It's all a matter of trust in your workmanship that is really the
big factor. For me, and I bet for you too, opportunities like this are all
about our chance to do our work in these very prestigious, or very guarded
environments. For both of us, it was word of mouth that lead to the bigger
things we're currently engaged in, and that is a reflection of us at our
personal level.

But now Robin would be something else altogether, wouldn't she? I am
thinking about painting her like the blue lady in X men... "paint
only". Hah!

Think a little more creatively Robert. Think about what would be involved
in a more detailed work. Remember, sometimes you have to get down close to
do that detail work. And of course, there is a great deal to be said for
"getting in touch" with your work...

Swingman - I need a little help here. Seems you might be just the guy to
jump in here and give Robert a little of the coaching that he needs.

Well enjoy, sir. And I do hope you take some pics and put 'em up on
photobucket or flickr.

I'll be putting some pictures up somewhere for sure. This is one of those
rare opportunities that deserves being documented.

--

-Mike-