Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Have you ever seen dust collection bag holders sold separately?

I'm talking about the metal ring that holds the plastic bag on the bottom,
the cloth bag on the top and the inlet pipe in the middle. Any of the units
I've seen come with a blower attached to a rolling stand.

My current system has a garbage bucket for the chip collector and a garbage
bucket for the dust collector. This was OK in the past, as I would go quite
a while before filling the dust bucket. But with the planer, it seems I
filled up both buckets in a single session. I'd like something that's easier
to empty and has a visible 'full' indicator. I'm happy with the suction from
my little blower, so I'm not looking for a full upgrade.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Bill Stock wrote:
I'm talking about the metal ring that holds the plastic bag on the bottom,
the cloth bag on the top and the inlet pipe in the middle. Any of the units
I've seen come with a blower attached to a rolling stand.

My current system has a garbage bucket for the chip collector and a garbage
bucket for the dust collector. This was OK in the past, as I would go quite
a while before filling the dust bucket. But with the planer, it seems I
filled up both buckets in a single session. I'd like something that's easier
to empty and has a visible 'full' indicator. I'm happy with the suction from
my little blower, so I'm not looking for a full upgrade.

Penn State Industries has various sizes:

http://www.pennstateind.com/store/dbc.html

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Posted to rec.woodworking

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
On Sat, 9 Dec 2006 18:01:55 -0500, "Bill Stock"
wrote:

I'm talking about the metal ring that holds the plastic bag on the bottom,
the cloth bag on the top and the inlet pipe in the middle.

Last year, I tried to GIVE a brand new, 20, Jet DC ring away here.

Nobody wanted it, so I recycled it. 8^(

Thanks Barry, at least I know what I'm looking for now.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/cus...8&s=hi&index=2

Look familair? :-) I've seen the ring (708739R) separately for $55. Although
I tempted to get the complete canister upgrade.