ThomasPrinzie

Default toilet tanks sold separately?

Hello all,

Discovered a hairline crack in our toilet tank, bound to get worse.
Any chance of finding a separate replacement tank (Crane Plumbing),
or do I need an entire new toilet?

Thanks,
Thomas in St Louis
Speedy Jim

ThomasPrinzie wrote:

Hello all,

Discovered a hairline crack in our toilet tank, bound to get worse.
Any chance of finding a separate replacement tank (Crane Plumbing),
or do I need an entire new toilet?

Thanks,
Thomas in St Louis

A Crane made in 2002 you probably can order a tank,
One from 1950-----Nah.

You can screw around with a universal replacement tank (if it's white).

Jim
Walter R.

I found a replacement tank at HD just by carefully measuring the openings
for the bolts and the outlet and the color. Worked fine

--

Walter
The Happy Iconoclast www.rationality.net

"Speedy Jim" wrote in message
ThomasPrinzie wrote:

Hello all,

Discovered a hairline crack in our toilet tank, bound to get worse.
Any chance of finding a separate replacement tank (Crane Plumbing),
or do I need an entire new toilet?

Thanks,
Thomas in St Louis

A Crane made in 2002 you probably can order a tank,
One from 1950-----Nah.

You can screw around with a universal replacement tank (if it's white).

Jim

George E. Cawthon

ThomasPrinzie wrote:
Hello all,

Discovered a hairline crack in our toilet tank, bound to get worse.
Any chance of finding a separate replacement tank (Crane Plumbing),
or do I need an entire new toilet?

Thanks,
Thomas in St Louis

Sure some stores sell the bottom unit and the top
separately, at least Kholers are sold that way.